The Career Development Centers (CDCs) mission is to provide a comprehensive career-development program, educating students to make career decisions, strengthen job search skills, connect with employers, and attain professional career goals in a student-centered, state-of-the-art environment.
In order to maintain the mission, the vision of the Career Development Center seeks to:
- Maximize the efficient use of limited resources to serve students, while strengthening our team’s ability to assist those students in achieving greater results.
- Use a centralized state-of-the-art online career services system permitting enrolled students and employers to engage in recruitment endeavors designed to maximize access to employment, applied learning and professionalism resources.
- Educate and empower students, faculty, staff and alumni to become engaged in university-wide career preparedness endeavors.
- Facilitate professional career services workshops, seminars and presentations that prepare students to transition into an ever increasing competitive global marketplace workforce.
- Combine efforts and the support of the administration, faculty, staff and alumni to assist with fostering community connections with employers to increase recruitment opportunities.
The best way to prepare for an interview is to research the company, review traditional and behavioral interview questions, and participate in mock interviews. You can schedule a mock interview by calling the career center.
MWSU students can also practice their interview skills at anytime with our virtual mock interview training system, Big Interview.
View events, including job fairs on the Career Services homepage. Career Services also sends emails to all students regarding events and will post announcements in the Griffon Weekly online publication.