The Health Center’s current hours of operation are Monday and Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and we are available via telephone Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Healthy Body, Happy Life
College is a time of academic, professional, and personal growth. This can be difficult if you are also struggling with health concerns. We know how hard it is to keep up on homework and exams when all your body wants to do is rest and recuperate. That is why we are here to walk with you through these rough patches. We provide comprehensive medical services and public health leadership to enhance your personal success. Whether you need assistance with allergies, colds, physical injuries, immunizations, nutrition, sexual health, or more — we are here to resolve your health concerns and help you make the most of your college experience. Our Mission Statement
Outpatient Clinical Services available to any registered student and include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Allergy injections and basic treatment
- Blood pressure checks and management
- Contraceptive care for men and women
- Anxiety and depression screening
- Eating disorder evaluation and management
- Laboratory services
- Gynecology services
- STI testing and treatment
- Strep testing
- Wound care
- Physical exams for sports, work, and clinicals
- Pregnancy testing
- Influenza testing
- Immunizations: Hepatitis B, MMR, Tetanus (Tdap), Meningococcal, Influenza and tuberculin testing
- Partnership with Counseling Center
- Specialist referral services
- Educational literature
All services are confidential. All services remain confidential between staff and student only. Esry Student Health Center may not release information about a student to anyone without the student’s signed authorization. Authorization forms are found on this website under “forms.” Emergent and life-threatening situations may require parental notification without written permission.
Missouri Western State University requires all students to submit a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire.
RESIDENCE HALL STUDENTS
Students living on campus are required to submit:
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire AND
- Meningococcal Immunization (MCV4 or MPSV4) documentation (given at 16 years of age or older) or if applicable, a signed waiver that indicates you have medical or religious exemption from the meningococcal immunization OR
- Other official immunization records from the Health Department, a physician’s office, hospital or school.
Additionally, students who have ever had a positive tuberculin skin test, must submit a physician signed chest x-ray report with their health and immunizations records, prior to move-in to confirm the absence of active disease.
All documentation must be submitted to Esry Student Health Center, 4525 Downs Drive – Blum Union 203, St. Joseph, MO 64507 prior to moving in, or fax to (816) 271-4498. Failure to provide this information may delay your check-in.
International students who live on and off campus are required to follow the immunization policy. Tuberculosis testing will be administered upon arrival at Missouri Western State University.
Highly Recommended Immunizations:
It is the policy of Missouri Western State University to provide low-cost health services to all registered students. At this time MWSU students do not pay a health fee at registration. Therefore, it is necessary to charge a nominal fee for services, laboratory and medications.
Students will not be denied health services because of their inability to pay at the time services are provided. Charges will be added to the student’s account with the MWSU Business Office.
The health center does not file insurance claims. We file ONLY International Student Insurance. It is recommended that you check with your insurance company to see how your policy works while you are attending MWSU. We will provide documentation of all charges so that you may submit them to your insurance company if desired.
After-hours, Weekends and Holidays:
Mosaic Life Care Urgent Care
1115 No Belt Highway, (816) 271-7077
Mosaic Life Care Emergency Room
5325 Faraon, (816) 271-6000
Mosaic Life Care Nursing Triage Line
(816) 271-4000 (for medical advice)