The Missouri Western State University’s Career Development Center creates many opportunities for employers from around the state, region, or country to interact with and recruit talented and well-qualified students.
Handshake (formerly Griffons4Hire) Is the MWSU Career Development Center’s online job portal and is your online connection to MWSU students and alumni. List part-time jobs for students while they are in school, on-campus jobs, summer full or part-time positions, internships, and full time openings with the click of your mouse.
With Handshake you can:
- Post on- and off-campus student jobs and full-time positions
- View student profiles and connect online
- Register for fairs and networking events
Guide to Recruiting at Missouri Western State University
We are very excited to offer you several outstanding opportunities to interact with Missouri Western students!
Login or sign up for Handshake to connect with the Career Development Center team, MWSU students through job postings, career fairs, and on campus recruiting opportunities.
Immediate Hiring Needs
Post Jobs on Handshake
Handshake is your online connection to MWSU students and alumni. We recommend all companies post their open positions here so students begin to see your company name. Accepted position types include:
- On-campus student employment opportunities
- Part-time jobs for students while they are in school
- Summer full- or part-time jobs
- Seasonal positions
- Full-time positions
You can manage all applications through the Handshake portal, or you can direct students to an alternate application site.
Build Your Brand on Our Campus
Building your brand on campus is a long term goal to increase interest in your organization. There are several opportunities to strengthen your organization’s brand with the Missouri Western community. Interested in talking through strategy? Contact us directly and we will help you get started.
Visit us on Campus
If you would like to host an information table, please contact the Career Development Center to explore dates.
Participate in Workshops, Career Panels, and Mock Interviews
Our team delivers a wide range of employment and educational workshops and opportunities for MWSU students. We welcome employers to become an active part of these events to build your brand and contribute to the professional development of our students. If interested, please contact us!
Boost your online presence
If your schedule doesn’t permit an on-campus visit, there are still many ways to engage with MWSU students virtually to build your brand.
- Create a robust and dynamic Handshake account and update it regularly with new jobs and information.
- Search ‘Students’ in Handshake to direct message students interested in connecting with employers.
- Review public resumes and connect directly with students through the ‘Student’ search feature.
- Follow the Career Development Center on LinkedIn to keep up with current events.
- Review the career calendar or host a virtual career workshop
Connect with Student Organizations
Missouri Western State University is home to more than 100 student organizations. Through co-curricular involvement these leaders learn many transferable skills including effective communication, collaboration, time management, and budgeting. Find organizations that match your industry and offer to speak to their group, sponsor activities, meetups, or visits to your company. Consider sponsoring their organization or events, as many have partner programs.