Interviews can be nerve-wracking, even for experienced candidates. Utilize these Career Development Center resources to help you prepare for your next interview!
Want to practice interviewing? Big Interview is an online mock interview system that will help you prepare effectively by improving your interview technique, practicing answers to tough questions, and building your confidence.
The system has a variety of tools to assist you, including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum on interviewing and more
- Detailed tips for crafting answers to behavior questions
Mock interviews are designed to replicate the type of interview that you may expect from an employer. Contact the Career Development Center if you wish to schedule a mock interview.
Dressing for Your Interview
Create a strong first impression by dressing professionally for your interview. Dressing professionally demonstrate respect, and also shows the employer that you take the interview seriously. It can also boost your own self-confidence during the interview.
Unsure of what to wear? Check out this Career Development Center guide to dressing professionally.
Proper etiquette is essential for making a favorable impression at both lunch and dinner interviews as well as in social business situations. Although common sense is often your best guide, this etiquette guide will help you stand out as a polished professional.