We support students in developing and achieving career and employment goals that lead to meaningful lives.
Provide student-centered experiences and services to prepare all students to effectively find jobs and launch meaningful careers.
- Prepare students for career success through high quality, student-centered career development programs, services, and experiences.
- Create collaboration between the Career Development Center, MWSU, and community partners to support students’ career and employment success.
- Effectively embed career readiness competencies into the MWSU academic and co-curricular experience.
- Foster, develop, and strengthen external partnerships to enhance and increase employment opportunities for all MWSU students.
Career Development Center
Missouri Western State University
Blum Union, Suite 210
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64506
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Student Learning Outcomes
By attending events and utilizing resources offered by the Career Development Center, students will be able to:
- Formulate career goals, including choice of major and career, based upon self-knowledge of interests, values, personality, and skills.
- Identify resources and contacts to explore potential career and employment opportunities.
- Describe career readiness competencies and articulate them on resumes and in interviews.
- Develop effective written and verbal communication skills to aid in completing interviews successfully, networking, and writing effective resumes.
- Grow in their understanding of professionalism, including: resumes, professional statements, dress, and the effective communication of skills and experiences to employers.