Are you frequently asked for career advice by your students? Feel free to refer students or contact us for help providing consultation on career-related topics! We help students explore available career options and develop action steps to achieve their career goals, discover their potential, and explore their interests. During their academic careers, students use the Career Development Center to develop essential job-search skills, interview skills, and develop winning resumes and cover letters.
Career Consulting for Your Students
Handshake is the Career Development Center’s online career and employment management system. It is a great way for students and alums to get started in their job search and connect with employers from a variety of local, regional, national, and global organizations. Learn more about Handshake and how your students can get started!
Connect with the Career Development Center
We look forward to helping you connect the students in your classrooms and campus organizations with career development experiences. As an educator or leader within your organization, you have the opportunity to help students hone skills that will help them stand apart from other applications in the job market.
- Events – Incorporate event attendance into your curriculum or membership requirements. This could include having MWSU students attend career and job fairs, mock interviews, and career development workshops!
- Handshake (connected to the Student Handshake section of website) – Connect students with career opportunities, make appointments with career mentors, and view upcoming Career Development Center events. If you are interested in adding a customized to your department’s website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Traitify – an online career personality assessment that provides insight into how your student’s personality and interests match potential careers provided by the Career Development Center. It is free, online, and takes about 90 seconds to complete.
- Big Interview – an online mock interview system that will help your students improve their interview technique, practice answers to tough questions, and build their confidence. There are thousands of pre-populated questions in the question bank. If you are interested in creating a custom interview question set to use in your class, please email email@example.com to get started.
- Unable to teach a section or attend an organization meeting? Don’t cancel your class or meeting! The Career Development Center would be happy to facilitate a career skills lesson in your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
Looking for another way to engage? Call the Career Development Center at (816) 271-4292 to discuss your needs.