The MWSU Center for Teaching and Learning’s core mission is to help every employee become as effective as possible to help every student reach his or her potential.
Key Goals for 2020-2021
The Center for Teaching and Learning Steering Committee, which consists of 12, is working to develop and offer the following resources during AY 2020-2021.
- Workshops and Training Events – Based on staff and faculty interests, the CTL will host several topical workshops to further professional development on Campus. Times/dates/venues are listed under the “Events Schedule” on this site.
- Webpage – As an ideal tool for reaching a broad audience, we have established this webpage as a “one-stop-shop” repository of information, offering links to individualized tutorials, on-campus resources, as well as thought-provoking articles. This site will be updated to include more resources as they are produced.
- Virtual Scholarship Summit – In light of recent travel restrictions and the conference cancellations, the CTL has created an event welcoming all faculty to present their original research and creativity in this peer-reviewed university forum. This summit will serve as a vital forum for the campus community to promote healthy networks and interdisciplinary learning opportunities. The Provost has agreed to accept these presentations as credit toward Promotion and Tenure considerations. For more information, click here.
- Mentoring/Team Learning – To benefit from the collective expertise among our colleagues, we would like to establish a campus-wide list of leaders that are available to run workshops, discussions, or “brown bag lunches” on specific topics of interest. This may also involve connecting individuals with a specific mentor, especially if one has not already been specified within their department. To kick off mentoring discussions, Prof. Britt Johnson will be hosting a workshop on “Employee Mentoring” via Zoom on Friday, October 9, 2020, at 1:00pm at this link.
- Canvas Page – The CTL has opened a new Canvas Page dedicated to professional development discussion threads and interactive communications. If you haven’t already joined, please accept our invitation or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite.