Thank you for your interest in Missouri Western. We are grateful for the service and sacrifices you and your family have made for our country. We want to ensure a smooth transition from your military life to college life by assisting you in any way we can.

Missouri Western assists veterans, dependents and active duty service-members attending classes and receiving veteran benefits. We are a Military-Friendly School, we participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program and we also comply with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014.

Please click on your student-type to determine your admission requirements.

First-time student
Transfer student
Graduate (Master’s) student
Returning student
Non-degree seeking student


Veterans or current members of the United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy or Coast Guard may request a copy of their Joint Services Transcript (JST) directly from the Operations Center. The transcript provides the course description, recommended credit from ACE, and course level. Air Force members may request a copy of their Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript directly from the CCAF and it will be evaluated by Missouri Western for course equivalencies.

All credit at the lower and upper division level will be transcripted. General studies equivalents are identified and all other coursework is considered free electives. Veterans with at least 30 credits from military training may use these credits as the base for a Missouri Western Bachelor of Science in Technology (BST) degree. Veterans with fewer than 30 military credits may combine military credits and other technical or applied coursework to meet the 30 credit minimum for the BST. Credit identified as vocational-technical in nature will not be transcripted, however, exceptions may be approved for specific programs, or degrees (such as the BST degree), through articulated agreements, or by approval of the appropriate academic department chair, dean or and the Admissions and Graduation Committee.

Use your military credit (e.g., CCAF, AARTS, SMART, CGI) and Missouri Western general education courses to complete your degree. Use online and/or face-to-face courses. More than 260 online courses offered.

Click here to learn more about our military-friendly programs

Students at Missouri Western who intend to receive VA benefits should contact Missouri Western’s Certifying Official in the Veteran’s Services office located within the Financial Aid Office.

Students may obtain the following services from the Veteran’s Services office: certification of enrollment for educational benefits; referrals for tutorial assistance; referrals for counseling for financial, personal, vocational, and academic problems; veterans work study job information; information about changes in legislative regulations which affect veterans; and information about Missouri Western procedures. The School Certifying Official also acts as a direct liaison between Missouri Western and the Veterans Administration Regional Office in St. Louis regarding payment of benefits.

Your Certifying Official can also help you with eligibility requirements for the Missouri Returning Heroes Act. The Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act (Senate Bill 830) requires Missouri state institutions to offer reduced tuition at $50 per credit hour to qualified combat duty veterans.

Click here to meet your certifying official and to learn more about your GI Bill®

The Center for Military & Veterans Services is here to support military-connected students – and help them feel connected to one another. Dedicated staff are on hand at the Center to help military-connected students navigate the unique challenges they face. Students can also enjoy a variety of comforts in the lounge, featuring a break area with a refrigerator, coffee, and microwave along with a meeting space for studying. The Center has established several programs specifically for military-connected students, such as a VA work study program and a chapter of Student Veterans of America. The center also offers expertise to help students navigate financial aid, the GI Bill, in-state tuition and military tuition assistance.

Click here to learn more about the Center For Military & Veterans Services

Army ROTC (Reserve Officers’ Training Corps) is one of the best leadership courses in the country and is part of your college curriculum. During classes and field training, you will learn first-hand what it takes to lead others, motivate groups and how to conduct missions as an Officer in the Army. Upon graduation from Army ROTC, you will earn the bar of a Second Lieutenant and become a leader for life.

Click Here for more information about the Army ROTC