Non-Degree Seeking Student


Non-degree seeking students are granted admission to Missouri Western State University after a review of their academic transcripts, test scores and/or other necessary admission documents are received. Please see our FAQ page for additional information about being a non-degree seeking student.

The following is needed to grant admission (based on student type):
Personal Enrichment Students

Students seeking to enroll in courses at Missouri Western for self enrichment purposes (non-degree seeking) must provide the following:

Visiting High School Students

Students currently enrolled in high school who are seeking admittance to Missouri Western on a part-time basis concurrent with their high school attendance must provide the following:

  • Letter of permission from the high school counselor or principal (required each semester prior to enrollment)

Visiting College Students

Students who are attending another college or university and wish to take courses at Missouri Western and then transfer the Missouri Western coursework to the parent institution for degree applicability must provide the following:

  • Letter of Good Standing from the parent institution which reflects the student is academically eligible

Senior Citizen Students

Persons 65 years of age or older may register for undergraduate courses without payment of tuition but may be subject to fees and other expenses. Senior Citizen students must do the following: