WELCOME BACK, GRIFFONS!
Welcome back to Missouri Western State University. As a returning (re-admit) student, we want you to have everything you need to re-enroll. Review the items below to get started in the re-admission process.
1. What is a Returning (Re-Admit) Student?
Returning (re-admit) Students are students that previously attended Missouri Western and have “sat out” for at least one semester (i.e. it has been at least one semester since they last took classes).
2. Do academic standards apply to Returning Students?
Yes. Returning students are held to the same academic standards as our current students. Any student with less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA for ALL coursework attempted at ALL previous colleges/universities will be evaluated according to the Table of Academic Standards in the University Catalog to see if they are admissible.
3. Do I have to apply for admission again?
Yes. Once your application is received, the Office of Admissions will pull your previous records and process your file. Once processed, you will receive an acceptance letter in the mail with additional details on how to register for classes.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since the last time you attended Missouri Western.
4. Am I eligible for Financial Aid?
To be considered for federal financial aid, you must have earned a 2.00 cumulative GPA and successfully complete at least 67% of the courses you have attempted to date. You must also be on track to complete your bachelor’s degree within 186 attempted hours (93 attempted hours for associate degree seeking students). Please ensure that all required transcripts are forwarded to the Office of Admissions.
If you have defaulted on a federal student loan, you WILL NOT be eligible for financial aid until your loans have been successfully rehabilitated which can take several months. For more information, go to myEDDEBT.com.
Additional information regarding your eligibility for financial aid is available on the Office of Financial Aid website.
5. How do I know if I have a hold on my account?
If you are unable to register for classes online, you may have a hold on your account. To review your account for holds, go to the Student Academics tab on your Goldlink portal.
Possible reasons for holds on your account:
- Outstanding balances – Re-admit students must have all outstanding balances paid before they will be allowed to register for classes.
- SAP Issues – Students who have had Satisfactory Academic Process (SAP) issues must contact the Financial Aid Office at (816) 271-4361 prior to enrolling for classes.
Once you have determined you have a hold, contact the Registrar’s Office for further assistance at (816) 271-4211.
6. How do I know what courses I still need to graduate?
You can utilize our degree audit tool called the Griffon Graduation Planning System (Griffon GPS). This tool will show you what requirements you have satisfied and what requirements are still outstanding towards any major on campus. Access Griffon GPS by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Student Academics tab and then click on Griffon GPS under the Student Records section.
For questions about your degree audit, visit the Griffon GPS website, or contact the Registrar’s Office at (816) 271-4211.