There are so many decisions students have to make during their time in college: What classes should I take? What organizations should I join? Where can I find a part-time job that works with my class schedule? As members of the extended Griffon family, I am sure your student has had these conversations with you frequently! But one question that every Missouri Western student will have to ask, especially after graduation is: What do I do now?

This is where the Career Development Center can help you and your student! We strongly encourage all students not to wait until their senior year to discover the opportunities provided by the Career Development Center. Instead – stop by as soon as you arrive on campus. Our office is here to provide assistance with finding on-campus, part-time jobs with the Student Employment Program. Over 600 students work on-campus and it’s a great way to earn money while working around important class schedules. We can also help your student develop a resume and a winning cover letter. We hold events such as career fairs, professional etiquette dinners, and skills workshops that are open to all students.

If your student is struggling with not knowing what to do with their time in college, we have personality assessments like Traitify that are free to use and can help give your student direction and purpose. The Career Development Center is not only for seniors getting ready to embark on their post-college careers, but also for students working to create a brighter future for themselves. Encourage your Griffon to stop by the Career Development Center in Eder Hall, Suite 202 to meet with a Career Mentor today!