No Current Openings.
Housing and Residence Life will begin accepting applications for the Spring 2021 semester around November 2020 should we have any openings at that time. 2021-2022 application process will likely begin around late January 2021.
- Primary Responsibilities – Includes regularly scheduled meetings, duty rotation (5pm – 8am), on-call hours (8am-5pm), Resident Assistant development training, desk hours, programming, and administrative duties, etc
- Resident Assistants must maintain open availability on Mondays from 8-10pm for training and staff meetings
- General Availability Hours – Includes, but not limited to, individual advising, mediation, and community building and other student/staff obligations. Resident Assistants should be available for their residents’ questions and concerns, especially during evening hours. This is a non-inclusive classification of staff time and is provided as a guideline. Weekly fluctuations and variations may occur as outlined by the current supervisor
- Staff Selection – During times of staff selection, current student staff members are required to play an active role where needed when deemed necessary by the Office of Residential Life/Selection Committee
- Student Leadership – Support of these organizations is vital to the success of the overall programming and community development model in each area. Resident Assistants will be required to attend student leadership meetings and programs. The specific requirements will be determined by the Residence Life Programming Model
- Training – Staff are required to return to campus and be present for all trainings. Fall trainings are held the month of August and Winter trainings are in January.
- Resident Assistants are required to live in residence hall during the term of their employment
- Resident Assistants will report to a Residence Hall Director
- Work Outside of the Resident Assistant Position
- Graduate assistantships, teaching assistantships, student teaching, clinical’s, practicums, and internships are not permitted. Outside employment must be approved by the Resident Assistants RHD during the appointment period prior to accepting the other position and will not be more than 12 hours per week
- Must have completed two semesters of University/College experience (excluding summer, dual credit, and AP/IB)
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA
- Good judicial and Residence Life standing
- Each Resident Assistant must be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 hours) during the appointed period. The appointee may register for no more than 16 hours per semester
- Wavier for housing costs in the fall and spring semesters
- Meal stipend (declining $1,700 flex or All Access meal plan)
- $600 monetary stipend per semester (paid in 4 installments)
- Ability to work additional hours as a desk assistant at $9.45/hour
Applications for the Desk Assistant Position are accepted on a rolling basis based off of need and hours available. When there are openings, the position will be posted on Handshake.
All Desk Assistant applicants must apply through Handshake and submit a current resume and the Student Employment Application.
The Desk Assistant position pays $9.45/ hour for up to 20 hrs/week. Candidates must live on campus, be in good judicial standing and have a GPA of at least a 2.0.
For other campus employment opportunities, please check with the Center for Career Development.
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR (RHD) – No present openings.