Now Accepting Applications.
Residential Life is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year. The posting can be found on Handshake. Applications are due January 27, 2020 at 4:30 pm.
- Primary Responsibilities – Includes regularly scheduled meetings, duty rotation (5pm – 8am), on-call hours (8am-5pm), Resident Assistant development training, desk hours, programming, and administrative duties, etc
- Resident Assistants must maintain open availability on Mondays from 8-10pm for training and staff meetings
- General Availability Hours – Includes, but not limited to, individual advising, mediation, and community building and other student/staff obligations. Resident Assistants should be available for their residents’ questions and concerns, especially during evening hours. This is a non-inclusive classification of staff time and is provided as a guideline. Weekly fluctuations and variations may occur as outlined by the current supervisor
- Staff Selection – During times of staff selection, current student staff members are required to play an active role where needed when deemed necessary by the Office of Residential Life/Selection Committee
- Student Leadership – Support of these organizations is vital to the success of the overall programming and community development model in each area. Resident Assistants will be required to attend student leadership meetings and programs. The specific requirements will be determined by the Residential Life Programming Model
- Training – Staff are required to return to campus and be present for all trainings. All RAs will be expected to move in on August 3rd with Fall Training being held August 5th through 25th. Training will also be held in the winter from January 8th to January 12th.
- Resident Assistants are required to live in residence hall during the term of their employment
- Resident Assistants will report to a Residence Hall Director
- Work Outside of the Resident Assistant Position
- Graduate assistantships, teaching assistantships, student teaching, clinical’s, practicums, and internships are not permitted. Outside employment must be approved by the Resident Assistants RHD during the appointment period prior to accepting the other position and will not be more than 12 hours per week
- Must have completed by Fall of 2020, two semesters of University/College experience (excluding summer, dual credit, and AP/IB)
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative and semester GPA
- Good judicial and Residential Life standing
- Each Resident Assistant must be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 hours) during the appointed period. The appointee may register for no more than 16 hours per semester
- Wavier for housing costs in the fall and spring semesters
- Meal stipend (declining $1,700 flex or All Access meal plan)
- $600 monetary stipend per semester (paid in 4 installments)
- Ability to work additional hours as a desk assistant at $9.45/hour
- Ensure that you meet all qualifications and are able to complete the essential duties of the position
- Complete the following documents
- An updated and current resume
- The “RA Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Application” found in the Resource Library in Handshake.
- Submit your Application and Resume through Handshake. (Note: No applications will be accepted via email or paper, all applicants must apply through Handshake.
Applications for the Desk Assistant Position are accepted on a rolling basis based off of need and hours available. When there are openings, the position will be posted on Handshake.
All Desk Assistant applicants must apply through Handshake and submit a current resume and the Student Employment Application.
The Desk Assistant position pays $7.94/ hour for up to 20 hrs/week. Candidates must live on campus, be in good judicial standing and have a GPA of at least a 2.0.
For other campus employment opportunities, please check with the Center for Career Development.
RESIDENCE HALL DIRECTOR (RHD) – No present openings.