Applying for Housing
- Log into your Goldlink at goldlink.missouriwestern.edu
- Select “Student Life” from the menu on the left.
- Select the “My Housing Information” in the bottom left corner
- Use the Application drop-down menu to select the 2023 – 2024 Academic Year Housing Application.
- Choose the 2023-2024 Academic Year Housing Application.
- Sign your name in the rectangle on the bottom of the first page and click continue
- Complete the information on the second and third pages then click continue
- Pay the $50 housing application fee.
- Choose a meal plan then click continue/complete – YOUR HOUSING APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU CHOOSE A MEAL PLAN!
Please mail your housing application fee (check or money order) to Housing and Residence Life. Once your housing application fee is received, you will be given access to an online application in your Goldlink that bypasses the housing application fee requirement. Please make checks payable to Missouri Western State University. Please note name, G-number and “Housing Application Fee” in the memo line. Deposits may be mailed to:
Housing and Residence Life – Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Attention: Housing Applications
This year new students will be able to complete the online application if under 18 years of age. Your parents will need to affirm their electronic signature during the application process. Verification emails will be sent to the person you listed as the Emergency Contact in your application.
Quick Facts on Housing Applications:
Contract Renewal for the 2023-2024 Academic Year will be available on January 23, 2023. You will be able to complete the “2023-2024 Contract Renewal Application” on My Housing Information to reserve your spot in the Residence Halls for next academic year.
Canceling Your Housing Application
Completed contracts with the housing application fee are binding. Students who check into on-campus housing are liable for housing and dining charges for the entirety of the contract period. All cancellation requests must be made using the Contract Cancellation Request form available on the Housing and Residence Life website. If requested, the Contract Cancellation Committee will review to determine if a fee waiver is appropriate.
Students canceling their housing and dining contract in writing prior to July 1 will be released from their contract without penalty and receive a full refund of the $50 housing application fee. Students canceling on or after July 1 shall forfeit the $50 housing application fee. A student who fails to check in by the first day of school and fails to cancel this contract in writing may be held liable for room charges through the date of cancellation.
The process of canceling this contract in writing includes emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your Missouri Western email with the following information
- Reason for cancellation
- Whether or not you will be attending Missouri Western State University for the semester you are canceling your housing application
Students who are required to live in on-campus housing (see University On-Campus Housing Policy) will be charged the full price of their assigned room regardless of whether they are residing in the room during the contract period.
Students who are not required to live on campus and are not-approved to cancel their Housing and Dining contract will be charged to the date the room is vacated and are liable for 50% of the remaining housing and dining contract balance.
A no-penalty cancellation is possible under the following conditions. Contract will be prorated up to the day the student checks out.
- Mid-year graduation
- University withdrawal
- Military activation
- Participation in official University-approved programs (such as internship, Study Abroad, National Student Exchange, student teaching or practicum assignment.
- Student gets married
- Personal or financial issues approved by the Contract Committee