Applying for Housing

  1. Log into your Goldlink at
  2. Select “Student Life” from the menu on the left.
  3. Select the “My Housing Information” in the bottom left corner
  4. Click on the “Applications” drop down menu at the top of the page
  5. Choose your application
  6. Fall 2019 – “FALL 2019 NEW STUDENT APPLICATION” (This application is for all students who do NOT currently live on campus that would like to live on campus beginning Fall 2019.)
  7. Sign your name in the rectangle on the bottom of the first page and click continue
  8. Complete the information on the second and third pages then click continue
  9. Pay the $100 deposit
  10. Choose a meal plan then click continue/complete – YOUR HOUSING APPLICATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU CHOOSE A MEAL PLAN!

Please submit your housing deposit (check or money order) to the Office of Residential Life via mail. Once your deposit is received, you will be given access to an online application in your Goldlink that bypasses the deposit requirement. Please make checks payable to Missouri Western State University. Please note name, G-number and “Housing Deposit” in the memo line. Deposits may be mailed to:

Office of Residential Life – Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Attention: Housing Applications

This year new students will be able to complete the online application if under 18 years of age.  Your parents will need to affirm their electronic signature during the application process.

Quick Facts on Housing Applications:


Contract Renewal

Contract Renewal for the 2019-2020 Academic Year will open soon! Look for an email to your Missouri Western account in mid-March for more information.

Canceling Your Housing Application