This list of resources is intended to be a helpful guide and is not exhaustive. Missouri Western State University is not affiliated with the programs linked here, nor do we officially endorse any of the listed organizations.
- Veteran’s Service Officer – 525 Jules Street (816) 387-2841
- VA Veterans Outpatient Clinic – 3302 S. Belt Highway, Suite P (800) 952-8387 Ext: 56925
- Women’s Veteran Coordinator – 525 Jules Street (816) 387-2841
- St. Louis Regional VA Regional Office
- Missouri National Guard
Missouri National Guard Tuition Assistance Resources
- American Warriors/Transitioning Warriors Newsletter (pdf) from Troops Consulting, LLC (Newsletter includes many local resources/opportunities in the Kansas City area.)
- Representative Sam Grave’s office – services for veterans
- 2013 Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors Hard copy available at Eder 200.
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Federal Student Aid Programs
- Creating a Budget
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- Scholarships for Military Families
- Imagine America Military Award Program – Grants for Military
- National Military Family Association
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Guide for Veterans
- Student Loan Resource for Service Members
- TA DECIDE is a dynamic information and comparison tool is designed specifically to aide participants of DoD’s Tuition Assistance (TA) program in making informed choices on schools and education programs.
- Tillman Military Scholars Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program – Missouri Western State University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. For details contact the Financial Aid Office, Eder Hall, Room 103 (816)-271-4507.
- Student Veterans of America
- Concurrent Admission Program for Army Enlistees
- Go Army Ed
- Military-Friendly School Recognition
- College Recon
- Online Complaint System
An online complaint system for service members, veterans, spouses, and other family members enrolled in higher ed has gone live.
The complaint system was created as a response to a 2012 Presidential Executive Order – Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members.
The Executive Order contains the following disability-related directive in Section 2 – (h): (h) designate a point of contact for academic and financial advising (including access to disability counseling) to assist service member and veteran students and their families with the successful completion of their studies and with their job searches.