This list of resources is intended to be a helpful guide and is not exhaustive. Missouri Western State University is not affiliated with the programs linked here, nor do we officially endorse any of the listed organizations.
Career and Jobs
- 2013 Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors Hard copy available at Eder 200.
- U.S. Department of Education Guide to Federal Student Aid Programs
- Federal Student Aid for Military Families
- Creating a Budget
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- Scholarships for Military Families
- Imagine America Military Award Program - Grants for Military
- National Military Family Association
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Guide for Veterans
- Student Loan Resource for Service Members
- Tillman Military Scholars Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program - Missouri Western State University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. For details contact the Financial Aid Office, Eder Hall, Room 103 (816)-271-4507.
Health and Support
Veteran Organizations and News
- Veteran’s Service Officer - 525 Jules Street (816) 387-284
- VA Veterans Outpatient Clinic - 3302 S. Belt Highway, Suite P (800) 952-8387 Ext: 56925
- Women’s Veteran Coordinator - 525 Jules Street (816) 387-2841
- St. Louis Regional VA Regional Office
- Missouri National Guard
- Kansas and Missouri Community Veterans Engagement Board
- American Warriors/Transitioning Warriors Newsletter (pdf) from Troops Consulting, LLC (Newsletter includes many local resources/opportunities in the Kansas City area.)