Your Emergency Notification System...
Griffon Alert Emergency Notification System is a comprehensive, redundant, emergency notification system at Missouri Western State University. The system is activated by the Missouri Western Police Department and is designed to be used for emergencies on campus that affect or could affect multiple persons and or cause significant infrastructure or property damage.
GRIFFON ALERT IS COMPRISED OF:
- Text Messaging and E-mail
- Voice Messaging
- Alert Beacons
- Outdoor Public Address Systems and Light Strobes
- Missouri Western Television Interrupt
GRIFFON ALERT WILL BE USED FOR:
- Tornado warnings
- Bomb threat and other emergency evacuations
- Active shooter on campus
- Shelter-in-place due to outdoor hazards (e.g. Hazardous material spills)
- Campus closing and classes canceled due to weather or other circumstances
- An all clear declaration
- Testing of the system
GRIFFON ALERT WILL NOT BE USED FOR:
- Daily minor emergencies
- Fire evacuations (systems exist in all public buildings)
- Personal messaging
Emergency actions requested by Griffon Alert should be followed by all faculty, staff, students and visitors until an ALL CLEAR is issued. All components of the Griffon Alert System will be used to announce the ALL CLEAR for any major emergency.