The University of Missouri-School of Medicine established the Lester R. Bryant Pre-Admissions Program in 1995 to attract students who have both a rural background and an interest in practicing rural medicine for pre-admission to the MU School of Medicine. Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the Bryant Scholars Program.
To be eligible to apply to the Bryant Scholars Pre-Admissions Program students must:
- Have an undergraduate graduation date two academic years from the time of application.
- Show high academic achievement during high school.
- Have minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA and minimum 3.3 Math/Science GPA. Dual-credit courses are not included in the GPA calculation.
- Have A or B grades in required lecture/lab courses already taken at the time of application.
- Show evidence of leadership and interest in a variety of extracurricular activities.
- Be a Missouri resident.
- Have a rural permanent home address. Rural is defined as a home address with a Rural-Urban Community Area (RUCA) Code of 2-10. If your home address has a RUCA code of 1, you are ineligible to apply for the program.
- Be full-time enrolled at public or independent four-year college or university in Missouri or a contiguous state (Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska).
To check eligibility and apply: https://medicine.missouri.edu/education/admissions/bryant-scholars-pre-admissions-program/application-requirements-and-process.
Applications and supporting materials are due approximately June 1st each year to MU School of Medicine. Only complete applications with all required application materials will be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are received by MU School of Medicine. Applications or supporting materials postmarked after June 1st will not be considered.
Additional details can be obtained through the MWSU Department of Biology or find the most up-to-date information, program requirements, required coursework, application material, deadline, and more at https://medicine.missouri.edu/education/admissions/bryant-scholars-pre-admissions-program. Please review this website carefully.