Griffon Rate

Undergraduate and graduate students who are U.S. citizens who meet one of the following criteria will be admitted to Missouri Western State University under the Griffon Rate and be eligible to pay the equivalent of in-state tuition:

Fall Students:

  • permanent resident in Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Tennessee
  • qualifying veteran or dependent of a veteran

Spring & Summer Students:

  • permanent resident from select counties in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska (click here to view counties)
  • qualifying veteran or dependent of a veteran

Students who qualify for the Griffon Rate must comply with the University freshman residency policy and are not eligible to receive the Western Frontier, Western Neighboring States or Midwest Student Exchange Scholarships. They are eligible for all other automatic and competitive scholarships for which they qualify.

If you don’t qualify for the Griffon Rate, Missouri Western offers several other scholarships that give the equivalent of in-state tuition or other reductions in cost for out-of-state students. Be sure to check out our Scholarships page for more information on the Western Neighboring States, Western Frontier and Midwest Student Exchange Scholarships!