MWSU students residing in the residence halls are required to provide a completed Health History Form and the Immunization Documentation Form or other official immunization records such as Health Department, physician office, hospital or school. These documents must be turned into the Esry Student Health Center. These forms are to be completed before being allowed to move into the residence halls.
- Measles/Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses, the first given at age one year or later; the second at least 4 weeks after the first for students born in 1957 or later
- Meningococcal disease (Menactra within last 5 years)
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-acelluar pertussis (Tdap) within the last 10 years
- Tuberculosis Testing (If Applicable) – (FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions regarding Tuberculosis Screening/Testing may be found under the Frequently Asked Questions tab. International students will receive tuberculosis testing upon arrival at Missouri Western State University.
- All forms are available at www.missouriwestern.edu/healthserv/
Students who have ever had a positive tuberculin skin test, must submit a physician signed chest x-ray report with their health and immunizations records, prior to move-in to confirm the absence of active disease.
Students who object to immunizations because of religious, or medical reasons must provide a completed exemption waiver request form and a letter from the primary care provider or clergy with explanation of exemption. Please visit our website at www.missouriwestern.edu/HealthServ/ for a copy of the MWSU waiver form.
All documentation must be submitted to Esry Student Health Center, 4525 Downs Drive-Blum Union 203, St. Joseph, MO 64507 prior to moving in, or fax to (816) 271-4498. Failure to provide this information may delay your check-in.
Recommended immunizations (not required)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV for females