MWSU students residing in the residence halls are required to provide a completed Health History Form, a Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire and the Immunization Documentation Form or other official immunization records such as Health Department, physician office, hospital or school. These documents must be turned into the Esry Student Health Center. These forms are to be completed before being allowed to move into the residence halls.
- Measles/Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses, the first given at age one year or later; the second at least 4 weeks after the first for students born in 1957 or later
- Meningococcal disease (Menactra within last 5 years)
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-acelluar pertussis (Tdap) within the last 10 years
- Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire (PPD) – All new students are to complete the Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire and return to the Esry Student Health Center. International students will receive tuberculosis testing upon arrival at MWSU. (FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions regarding Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire may be found under the Frequently Asked Questions tab.
- All forms are available at www.missouriwestern.edu/healthserv/
Students who have ever had a positive tuberculin skin test, must submit a physician signed chest x-ray report with their health and immunizations records, prior to move-in to confirm the absence of active disease.
Students who object to immunizations because of cultural, religious, or medical reasons must provide a completed exemption waiver request. Please visit our website at www.missouriwestern.edu/HealthServ/ for a copy of the MWSU waiver.
All documentation must be submitted to Esry Student Health Center, 4525 Downs Dr-Blum 203, St Joseph, MO 64507 prior to moving in; or fax to (816) 271-4498. Failure to provide this information may delay your check-in.
Recommended immunizations (not required)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV for females