Costs and Financing
Missouri Western has some of the lowest graduate tuition around. You can complete an entire Master’s Degree for about $10,000 in tuition (in-state). Plus, the cost of living in St. Joseph is very low – meaning your housing, transportation, and food costs are also low.
2016-2017 Tuition and requirement fees
- In State: $327.39 per credit hour (estimate total cost here).
- Out State: $592.39 per credit hour (estimate total cost here)
Online Tuition rates are available here
Graduate students accepted to the Graduate School who are US citizens and who live select counties in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska will be admitted to Missouri Western State University under the Griffon Rate and be eligible to pay the equivalent of in-state tuition. For more information go here.
Scholarships are available from the Missouri Western State University Foundation. Learn More
Graduate Assistantships provide a stipend plus provide a scholarship in exchange for on-campus employment in an area related to their program of study. Learn More
Information about subsidized and unsubsidized loans is on the financial aid website.
Financial aid is designed to assist degree seeking students in their pursuit of a higher education. Graduate students are generally only eligible for Scholarships, Graduate Assistantships, and Student Loans. There are no PELL grants or workstudy positions. You must be a degree-seeking student to receive financial aid (this includes graduate certificates). Financial assistance will not cover undergraduate courses (400 level or below) taken as a graduate student.
To receive scholarships or assistantships you must be a student in good standing.
Other Sources for Financial Aid
- A comprehensive source of student financial aid info, advice and tools
- This site gives valuable saving tips, loan repayment options and career advice
- Information from the U.S. Dept. of Education on how to manage your student loans
- A part of the U.S. Dept. of Education, the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation
- State-based student financial assistance