Graduate students who complete the application below will be considered for the following competitive scholarships awarded by the Missouri Western State University Graduate School:
- Thomas Farthing Graduate Scholarship
- Logan Graduate Scholarship
- Missouri Western Graduate Scholarship
The Priority Application Deadline is March 15. However, applications will be accepted until July 15th and remaining funds will be allocated depending on availability. To be considered for scholarships offered by other campus departments and the Missouri Western Foundation, you must complete the General Scholarship Application no later than February 1.
Before you begin, you should prepare a written letter of application. You will have the opportunity to upload and attached the letter to your application in the final step of the form.
In addition, a confidential letter of recommendation from your graduate program director will strengthen your application. Please note, if standardized test scores (e.g., GRE) are required by your program but are not available before the application deadline, a confidential letter of recommendation from your program director is required. Letters of recommendation may be emailed to email@example.com.
You will be notified of the awarding committee’s decision in early April if you apply by the March 15 priority deadline. Later applicants will be notified by the end of July.
Scholarship awards are generally allocated equally between the fall and spring semesters. If you will enroll in only one semester during the year, please contact the Graduate School office to discuss the allocation of your scholarship.
- Graduate Assistants and students receiving International Excellence awards are generally not eligible for institutional graduate scholarships.
- Only degree seeking students admitted to a program are eligible for scholarships.
- If you have not yet been admitted to your degree program by the deadline, your scholarship application will not be considered until your admissions application has been approved.
- Scholarships are awarded for one year at a time and may have conditions regarding the number of hours you are required to enroll in, GPA, etc. Please see the Graduate School web site for more information.
Graduate Scholarship Application