Congratulations to the Class of 2020! You did it! Celebrate your years of hard work and the beginning of a promising future with your family and friends. Now you are always and forever a Griffon.
SPRING 2020 RESCHEDULED COMMENCEMENT
September 20, 2020 – Spratt Stadium – 2:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m.
Tickets required: up to four tickets per graduate | Both ceremonies will be live streamed.
Face coverings are required for all graduates, guests, faculty, staff and volunteers.
2:00 p.m. Ceremony
For undergraduate students receiving their degrees in:
- BGS Degrees
- Communication (includes English, Foreign Languages, Communication)
- Computer Science & Mathematics
- Criminal Justice
- Fine Arts (Art, Music, Theatre & Cinema)
- Social Sciences & Humanities (History, Philosophy, Religion, Sociology, Economics, Political Science)
- Social Work
5:00 p.m. Ceremony
For undergraduate students and graduate students receiving their degrees in:
- Craig School of Business
- Engineering Technology
- Health Professions (Nursing, Population Health, Health Information Management)
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER)
- Master’s Certificates and Degrees
The ceremonies will last approximately one hour each. Additional information will be sent the first week of September to your Missouri Western email.
Guests are required to have a ticket in order to attend either ceremony in Spratt Stadium.
Each student will be mailed up to four tickets. Those family members/guests MUST have their ticket in order to be admitted into the stadium.
Students are to bring their regalia that was mailed to them in May. This would include the cap and gown, the tassel, their honor stole (if they received one) or Master’s hood for the graduate students. Graduates may not wear spiked heeled shoes on the field. Only wedges or flat shoes will be allowed. When the ceremony is over, your shoes with the spiked heels will be returned to you.
IN THE CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES WILL BE CANCELED. This will be determined by 2:00 p.m. Saturday, September 19, allowing a 24 hour notice.
There will be no place to leave your personal belongings. Whatever you carry to the check-in tables will have to be carried with you during the ceremony.
If any physical accommodations for graduates are necessary, please contact Academic Affairs at (816)-271-4234. Limited space in Spratt Stadium is available for guests who require accommodations.
Lot H (Near Baker Fitness Center):
- Students driving themselves to the ceremony may park near the Baker Center where check-in tables will be by the scoreboard next to the field.
Lot I (near the Griffon Indoor Sports Complex and the Spratt Stadium):
- Guests/family members/students may park in Lot I.
- Handicapped parking will be in Lot I nearest the Spratt Stadium. Hang tags must be used.
- VIP parking will be near the Spratt Stadium as well.
- If, at any point, the immediate forecast calls for dangerous conditions, we will cancel the ceremony and evacuate Spratt Stadium.
- In the event of an evacuation, guests and graduates will be directed to the nearest exit.
- Since graduates will not be sitting with their family and friends, plans should be made in advance to meet in a safe location that is away from Spratt Stadium.
- If we evacuate, the remainder of the ceremony and reception will be cancelled. We will not reconvene, so if it is safe for you to do so, you can exit campus.
- Missouri Western reserves the right to cancel the ceremony due to non-weather related emergency for the safety of our faculty, staff, students and guests.
- If a cancellation occurs, it will be posted on the Missouri Western Commencement page and via social media.
Looking for lodging near Missouri Western State University? Click here.