The Master of Applied Science in Sport and Fitness Management program prepares students to take on leadership positions in sport and fitness settings, such as running health clubs and managing sport teams at all levels. Students learn business, sales and marketing skills. They also learn health and safety standards and public communications to foster professional growth. Do you already believe in the value of fitness and sports for people of all ages? Do you consider yourself a natural leader? If so, sport and fitness management may be the program for you.
Master of Applied Science in Sport and Fitness Management is a comprehensive program that prepares students to assume supervisory and administrative positions in facility and event management, college athletics, professional sports organizations, non-profit agencies, public/private/corporate fitness facilities, cardiac rehabilitation and community based/amateur athletic programs. Included in this program are:
- 18 hours of graduate core courses
- 15-18 hours of MAS Sport & Fitness Management concentration
- Graduate Internship OR Thesis option
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Health, Sport Management, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Application essay stating career goals and how this program fits into those goals
- One letter of reference from an academic source
- Application reviewed and approved by the MAS Sport & Fitness Management Graduate Admission Committee
Dr. Paul Choi
|MGT 604||Organizational Behavior Management||3|
|MAS 695||Graduate Colloquium||3|
|Communication Skills - Select two courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Professional and Organizational Communications|
|Writing for Management and Supervision|
|Technical Communications Theory and Practice|
|Proposal and Grant Writing|
|Professional Skills - Select two courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Foundations of Professional Ethics|
|Technical Analysis for Decision Making|
|SFM 525||Legal Aspects of Sport and Fitness||3|
|SFM 542||Facilities and Design Management||3|
|SFM 610||Leadership and Effectiveness in Sport and Fitness Management||3|
|SFM 651||Research Methods||3|
|or SFM 655||Thesis|
|Total Credit Hours||33-36|
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Official approval of required Master Educator Experience (or capstone).