The Masters of Applied Science degree in Sport and Fitness management prepares students for careers that lead to managerial and administrative positions in sport and fitness management. We provide applied learning experiences, inspire/develop critical thinking, and educate students about leadership, management, and ethical decision making within the Sport and Fitness Industry.
Master of Applied Science in Sport and Fitness Management is a comprehensive program that prepares students to assume supervisory and administrative positions in facility and event management, college athletics, professional sports organizations, non-profit agencies, public/private/corporate fitness facilities, cardiac rehabilitation and community based/amateur athletic programs. Included in this program are:
- 18 hours of graduate core courses
- 15-18 hours of MAS Sport & Fitness Management concentration
- Graduate Internship OR Thesis option
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Health, Sport Management, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Application reviewed and approved by the MAS Sport & Fitness Management Graduate Admission Committee
Dr. Justin Kraft
|MGT 604||Organizational Behavior Management||3|
|MAS 695||Graduate Colloquium||3|
|Communication Skills - Select two courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Professional and Organizational Communications|
|Writing for Management and Supervision|
|Technical Communications Theory and Practice|
|Proposal and Grant Writing|
|Professional Skills - Select two courses from the following (6 credits)||6|
|Foundations of Professional Ethics|
|Technical Analysis for Decision Making|
|SFM 525||Legal Aspects of Sport and Fitness||3|
|SFM 542||Facilities and Design Management||3|
|SFM 610||Leadership and Effectiveness in Sport and Fitness Management||3|
|SFM 651||Research Methods||3|
|or SFM 655||Thesis|
|Total Credit Hours||33-36|
- Filing an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required coursework as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, with no more than 6 credit hours of C in all required coursework.
- Official approval of required Master Educator Experience (or capstone).