What to Expect
Griffon Orientation – On-Campus
At Griffon Orientation (GO), we will walk you through all of the steps you need to take to be prepared to start your journey at Missouri Western. Students should be prepared to be available between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on the day of their orientation.
Here is what you can expect during your on campus GO session:
- Talk to an Academic Advisor and enroll in classes
- Review and complete important steps related to financial aid, health forms, and more
- Get your student ID
- Make connections with current students and fellow first-year students
Griffon Orientation – Online
We highly recommend our on-campus programs, but we understand that distance, family responsibilities, or travel costs may make an in-person program a challenge for some students. We have provided two online programs to help support a variety of student needs.
During your online GO session, we will walk through essential steps, review the First Year Griffon Guide resource on Canvas, and facilitate a student panel for you to ask questions of current students. This webinar will take place from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. You will also need to schedule a one on one appointment with an academic advisor to enroll in classes. These 45-minute appointments will be scheduled Thursday afternoon or Friday 8 – 4:30 p.m. at a time that works for you.
Here is what you can expect from an online session:
- Receive an overview of essential tasks that you will need to complete on your own
- Time to ask questions and connections to staff and students you can continue the conversation with following the session
- Connect with an Academic Advisor and enroll in classes virtually
- You will need to get your student ID at a later date on campus