Applications for 2020-2021 Transition Mentor positions are closed.
Are you a leader? Do you want to get paid, have fun, meet new people, and build your resume? If so, the Office of Admissions offers a leadership opportunity that could be perfect for you! We are looking for energetic students to be Transition Mentors. Applications open each year in November.
TELL ME MORE
Transition Mentors serve as a member of the Office of Admissions staff to facilitate and implement transition programs, such as Griffon Orientation, Griffon Edge, Griffon Showcase, and Campus Tours, in order to involve and engage Missouri Western State University students, faculty, staff, and the Saint Joseph community. Transition Mentors will work with campus departments, businesses, and other organizations to provide an opportunity for new members of the campus community to transition in a safe and positive environment.
BECOME A LEADER:
STEP 1 – Attend an information session.
If you are interested in becoming a Transition Mentor, you must first attend one of our 30 minute information sessions (required).
- Tuesday, Nov. 5th, Murphy 104 @ 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 6th, Murphy 104 @ 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Nov. 7th, Spratt 109 @ 10:00 am
- Friday, Nov. 8th, Spratt 109 @ 10:00 am
- Monday, Nov. 11th, Spratt 109 @ 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, Nov. 12th, Spratt 109 @ 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, Nov. 13th, Spratt 109 @ 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Nov. 14th, Spratt 109 @ 4:00 pm
- NEW SESSIONS: Friday, Nov 15th, Spratt 109 @ 10:00 am OR 3:30 pm
- Have attended one (1) full semester at Missouri Western State University (minimum 12 credit hours) and be a degree seeking student.
- Graduate student applicants have completed at least six graduate credit hours at Missouri Western State University at time of application.
- At least a minimum of a 2.25 overall cumulative grade point average at the time of application and throughout their time on staff.
- Understand and support the goals of the Office of Admissions Transition programs.
- No student may apply for or hold a Transition Mentor position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
STEP 2 – Submit an online application and resume.
Applicants for the Transition Mentor position must submit a completed application online here. The application will ask for your resume, so be prepared to upload your resume as you fill out the application. See job description here.