Dual Credit students are considered Missouri Western State University students:
- Students are eligible for a Griffon Card, the Missouri Western student ID card.
- Students may use and borrow materials from the Missouri Western library.
- Students may attend cultural and athletic events at the Missouri Western student rate, which is usually free.
- Students may use the Baker Family Fitness Center and recreational facilities at no charge.
- Students receive a Missouri Western parking permit.
- Students receive a free Missouri Western t-shirt.
Dual credit courses help prepare students for the rigors of university classes.
They enrich and extend the high school curriculum, provide introductory college course work at about half the cost of college tuition, challenge students and introduce students to the university.
In addition, they allow students to complete required general education courses and electives.
Each course provides multiple assessments throughout and awards college credit immediately upon successful completion of the class.
Dual credit students may enroll in up to 18 hours of college coursework per semester. There is no limit on the number of dual credit classes that MWSU will accept from matriculating students.