Dual Credit students are considered Missouri Western State University students:
- Students are eligible for a Missouri Western student ID card.
- Students may use and check out materials from the Missouri Western library.
- Students may attend cultural and athletic events at the Missouri Western student rate, which is usually free.
- Students may use the Baker Family Fitness Center and recreational facilities at no charge.
- Students receive a Missouri Western parking permit.
- Students receive a free Missouri Western t-shirt.
Dual credit courses help prepare students for the rigors of university classes.
They enrich and extend the high school curriculum, provide introductory college course work at about half the cost of college tuition, challenge students and introduce students to the university.
In addition, they allow students to complete some university-required general education courses and some electives.
Each course provides multiple assessments throughout and awards college credit immediately upon successful completion of the class.
There is no limit to the number of dual credit classes a student may take or transfer to Missouri Western.