Information for Students and Parents
Your Goldlink account must be activated in order to pay your bill online, access your Moodle account, check your university grades, or use your Missouri Western email account.
To activate your account:
- Click on Main Menu at the top of this page
- Click on Goldlink (located under Quicklinks in the bottom right of the menu)
- Click on Activate your Account (in gold box on left)
- Click on Account Lookup
A Missouri Western representative will come to your school to conduct the enrollment process. At that time, students will complete enrollment forms, make payments and/or sign promissory notes for payment, and go over other important information on being a Missouri Western student.
Dual credit tuition is $95.00 per credit hour plus any applicable fees such as online components or lab fees. All first-time students have a one-time registration fee of $15.00. Textbooks are loaned to the students at no charge; however they are responsible for the replacement cost if the book is lost or damaged.
If an online access code is required for the course, the student must purchase the code at the time of enrollment. These codes are only good for one student’s use. Once they are opened, they cannot be reused by another student. For that reason, the student is responsible for the cost of the code, even if he/she drops the course.
We ask that students pay 1/3 of the total cost at the time of the enrollment meeting; however, students will be enrolled without making a tuition payment. If the account is not paid in full at the time of enrollment, students are required to complete a deferment contract.
Bills are addressed to students. They will be mailed each time a payment is made and at the end of each month. They will include postage paid envelopes that payments can be mailed in, or payments can be made online through the student’s Goldlink account. Payment cannot be made over the phone. If you make a payment through Goldlink, please be sure your payment is made in the correct term.
A "term" is the semester in which a student is enrolled. If a student is enrolled in a fall 2014 semester course, the term is 201514. If a student enrolled in fall 2014 for a year long course, the term is 201513. For spring 2015, the term is 201524. Students will receive a bill for each term in which they are enrolled.
For fall enrollments:
For spring enrollments:
The first time a student is enrolled in a course (either credit or non-credit), he/she is issued a student ID number, which is referred to as a G number. Once a student is enrolled in a dual credit class, the G number is sent to the dual credit teacher who, in turn, provides the information to the student. The G number is located in the upper right portion of the student bill.
Student ID Cards
Dual credit students are eligible for student ID cards. With the student ID card, the student can use Missouri Western’s fitness center and borrow materials from the Missouri Western library at no charge. Students can purchase tickets to Missouri Western sporting and cultural events at the student rate, which is usually free. They are also good for discounts at some restaurants and movie theaters. Once the student has received a G number, he/she can obtain a student ID card from Parking and Security services, located in room 100 of Blum Union. The student should be able to provide his/her G number when requesting the ID card. The ID card will be good for the duration of the dual credit course. If the student enrolls in a course the next semester, a new ID card is not required; it will be activated once the student is enrolled. Students may also obtain a temporary parking permit from Parking and Security Services. The parking permit will expire at the end of the dual credit course.
Center for Academic Support
The Center for Academic Support provides free assistance for Missouri Western students in the following areas: 1) tutoring in math, from College Algebra through Calculus I; 2) tutoring in writing; 3) content tutoring for most courses. Staffed by full-time professionals and trained student tutors, the Center is open five days a week: Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Center is located in Hearnes Center 213. For more information or to make an appointment, call 271-4524. You may also learn more about the CAS on their website https://www.missouriwestern.edu/cas/.
Dropping a Dual Credit Course
If a dual credit student chooses to drop a dual credit course, he/she must notify the Western Institute Office: (816) 271-4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A drop or complete withdrawal form must be completed.
If your drop/withdrawal notification has not been processed at Missouri Western, the student will receive an “F” for the course on the University transcript.
If a student is enrolled in more than 1 dual credit course and is not dropping all courses, a drop slip must be completed.
If a student is dropping all Missouri Western dual credit courses, a complete withdrawal form must be submitted.
Drop or withdrawal forms can be obtained from Stacy Turner.
Phone: (816) 271-4109
The completed forms should be returned to the following address:
Fax: (816) 271-5922, Attention: Stacy Turner
Western Institute, Spratt 105
Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Refund policy for dual credit:
For semester-long courses:
- The first day of the semester at the high school through the 2nd week, the student will receive 80% refund back on tuition only.
- After the 2nd week through the 4th week, the student will receive 50% back on tuition only.
- After the 4th week the student will receive 0% back.
For yearlong courses:
- The first day of the semester at the high school through the 4th week, the student will receive 80% refund back on tuition only.
- After the 4th week through the 8th week, the student will receive 50% back on tuition only.
- After the 8th week the student will receive 0% back.
Cost: $5.00 per copy (due when transcript request is submitted). Transcripts will not be released if a debt exists with the university.
- Complete a Transcript Request Form. This form is available in the Registrar’s Office or click on the following link to download the form: Transcript Request Form
- A signature is required to release the transcript.
- Allow 48 hours for processing.
- Transcripts will be issued under the official name used while a student at Missouri Western.
- Transcript requests may be held for end-of-semester grades if this is requested on the Transcript Request Form
- The $5 fee per transcript is due before the request will be processed. Payment by check or cash may be made in the Registrar’s office. Credit card payments require page two of the Missouri Western Transcript Request Form be completed and then submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- For questions about the transcript request process, please call (816) 271-4211.
Please send transcript requests and payments to:
Missouri Western State University
Registrar’s Office, Eder Hall 102
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Please fax transcript requests and required credit card information to: (816) 271-4229
FERPA guidelines regarding release of student records are followed. Parents, relatives or friends may not request a transcript for another individual. The Registrar’s Office cannot release a transcript without a signed request, nor allow someone else to pick the transcript up without written approval.