The Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Digital Animation degree at Missouri Western offers an art student the opportunity to become proficient in skills that are useful for producing a wide range of animation for cinema, broadcast television, gaming and interactive media. Students will gain a broad foundation in animation from traditional hand-drawn to 3D animation. Balancing theory and practice, the educational emphasis will be on developing creative problem-solving skills and processes; honing artistic identity; spatial and temporal thinking and analysis; mastering digital animation technologies; and, research of new strategies for learning through digital advances. The Digital Animation degree reflects the convergence of computers and art, and emphasizes working with 2D and 3D graphics in a computer based, graphics-intensive environment. While the flexible curriculum allows you to specialize in an area based on your interests and talents.
Digital Animation (Bachelor of Fine Arts, B.F.A.)
|ART 110||Beginning Drawing I||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 130||Introduction to Tools and Techniques||2|
|ART 160||Beginning Drawing II||3|
|ART 170||Three-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 205||Survey of Art History I||3|
|ART 210||Animation Fundamentals||3|
|ART 229||Design Software Applications||3|
|ART 250||Motion Graphics||3|
|ART 255||Survey of Art History II||3|
|ART 310||Intermediate Drawing||3|
|ART 321||Digital 3D Modeling||3|
|ART 325||Digital 3D Lighting||3|
|ART 326||Introduction to Game Design||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|ART 453||Digital Animation||3|
|ART 459||Character Animation||3|
|or ART 465||Digital Animation Production|
|ART 485||Digital Animation Portfolio||3|
|ART 494||Senior Seminar and Exhibit||1|
|Select nine additional credit hours of advance study in Major||9|
|Select six additional credit hours in guided art electives||6|
|Select six additional credit hours of Art History||6|
Program Graduation Requirements
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all major coursework.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA of at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.
Are you ready to declare this major or minor? Download, sign and submit the form(s) to the School of Fine Arts.
- Major: B.F.A. Digital Animation
Grade of C or higher must be earned in all classes required of the major.