The Alumni Association Board of Directors is the pinnacle of volunteer leadership within the Missouri Western Alumni Association.
They work with the Director of Alumni Relations and the University Advancement team to create programs which are supportive of and consistent with the values and vision of the University.
Board members are selected from current volunteers or otherwise active alumni.
Responsibilities of Board Membership
- Attend 3-4 meetings each year in person or via tele/video conference — The President of the Association and/or the Director of Alumni Relations should be notified of absences 48 hours prior to the meeting date
- Serve on and/or chair at least one Alumni Board committee
- Participate in and/or chair at least two Association events or initiatives – particularly those events held in or around one’s community
- Attend and actively participate in Fall Homecoming and Spring Reunion events
- Attend and/or participate in University sponsored events
- Identify and/or introduce potential new alumni volunteers to the activities of the Association
- Identify and/or introduce new giving prospects to the University’s development staff
- Participate in the annual fund (unrestricted) at a comfortable level with a goal of reaching League for Excellence participation
Estimated Time Commitment
5-10 hours per month depending on the activity or initiative