Alumni Association Awards Nominations
2020 Alumni Awards Nomination Deadline: May 1, 2020
All of the Missouri Western State University Alumni Awards are awarded to nominees through a rigorous selection process and selected by the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
All recipients of the Alumni Awards and their accomplishments are intended to reflect the values, excellence and integrity of Missouri Western State University.
Distinguished Alumni Award
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest award given to an alumnus/alumna.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes living alumni for their career/professional achievements; civic contributions within their local community, state or nation; service to Missouri Western State University, and other qualities which elicit pride from others who attended a Missouri Western State University Institution.
- This award is given to an alumni with a difference of at least eleven (11) years between attendance and nomination.
Distinguished Faculty Award
- The Distinguished Faculty Award is given to a current faculty member in recognition of one’s lasting influences on students, excellence in teaching, professional/career accomplishments and professional and ethical standards.
Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Award
- The GOLD Award recognizes those early in their career who have had outstanding achievements and accomplishments.
- The award is based upon professional and educational achievements, community activities, honors and awards received and other noteworthy items of merit since graduation.
- The nominee must have received his or her initial degree from Missouri Western State University within ten years of June 1 of the year of recognition.
Great Griffon Awards
- The Great Griffon Awards recognize alumni from each college and school who exhibit outstanding contributions to the workforce, society or the University.
- Nominees do not have to currently work in the area in which they studied and can be recognized for career achievement, service to local communities, state or nations, or the University.
Herb ’35 and Peggy Iffert award for Outstanding Service to the University
- The Iffert Award recognizes an alumnus/alumna, retiree or other friend of the University who has shown outstanding and continuous commitment to Missouri Western State University’s mission, vision and legacy.
- This award recognizes one’s service as a positive liaison between the University and the region of Northwest Missouri, as well as consistent dedication to the advancement and preservation of Missouri Western State University.
Student Leadership Awards
- The Alumni Student Leadership Awards recognize graduating students (December or May of the current academic year) who have made a significant impact on the life of the University during their tenure through leadership, volunteerism or humanitarianism.
- The Alumni Student Leadership Awards include:
- Graduating Senior of the Year
- Clifford Hughes ’55 Award
- International Student of the Year