Water Safety Instructor
The primary function is to teach American Red Cross swim lessons to for the Recreation Services Department to young children throughout the community.
Primary duties include:
- Make sure the facilities are safe for lessons.
- Teach American Red Cross Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Make sure all paperwork is done and turned for each swimmer to get their certification cards according to the American Red Cross guidelines.
- An IPAP class will be taught if there is enough interest.
- Complete all paperwork for American Red Cross to keep your WSI current.
- Make sure all paperwork including waiver forms are turned in before individuals start the class.
- To stay current on all the newest information available for WSI.
- Must be a current MWSU student.
- Must hold current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certifications.
- Must be able to work with infants through adults in a pool setting.
- Must be organized and able to complete all paperwork.