Recreation Services Intern
The intern will oversee all intramural activities, which includes: games and game management, the training of officials, scorers and timers. Supervising of game managers as well as recreation supervisors and lifeguards in the absence of the Director of Recreation Services and Facilities.
Primary duties include:
- Schedule all intramural games, officials, scorers and timers.
- Train officials, scorers and timers.
- Meet with Intramural Managers about their duties.
- Make sure all forms are filled out for scheduling of fields and maintenance of fields.
- Hall all equipment clean and ready for each days events.
- Help in hiring and firing process for the department.
- Know the procedures for purchasing, acquiring bids and receiving gifts through foundations.
- Help with equipment purchases.
- Oversee the gym supervisors and lifeguards in the absence of the Director of Recreation Services and Facilities.
- Know the procedures listed in the policy guide for scheduling of all facilities we managing.
- Be able to perform CPR and First Aid. Preferred AED Training.
- Enforce all rules and regulations both on the field and in the facilities.
- Involvement in disciplinary actions which includes individuals disrupting games, foul language, illegal use of facilities and refusal to cooperate in maintaining a safe and fun environment when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation Services and Facilities.
- Must be an MWSU Student.
- Must be able to lift or push at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work varied shifts.
- Must be able to assert authority to peers, faculty, staff and community members.
- Must be able to communicate ideas to others.
- Must be willing to learn all rules, regulations, policies and procedures concerned with the Recreation Services Department.
- Must have CPR, First Aid Certifications.
- AED Certification