Lifeguards must have American Red Cross Professional First Aid and CPR Certification.
The following rules apply when guarding:
- Suits must be worn at all times. (Must have all other clothes removed).
- Shoes and socks must be removed.
- Must wear a whistle while guarding.
- One guard must be on one side of the pool and the second guard on opposite side of the pool in guard chairs.
- Rescue tube must be attached to the lifeguard chairs.
- Make sure all objects in pool area are safe (lane ropes placed in proper place etc.)
- If an individual wants to lap swim, lifeguards must place a lane rope in place if other individuals are in the pool.
- When closing pool area make double sure all doors are locked.
- Before leaving pool area make sure all equipment and toys are put away.
- Use the phone only for emergencies – not for personal use.
- Look professional and alert at all times.
- Place lost and found on top of first aid cabinet in nice manner.
- Do not let other people use lost and found stuff unless it is theirs.
- If you cannot work your shift you must find someone else to work it or be there.
- These rules are mandatory and must be followed. You will receive one warning and then you will be dismissed from your job.
- In most cases there will be two guards – both guards must be there at all times.
- No studying, talking to boyfriends etc.
- We will have a meeting two times a semester. It is mandatory!
- Life and death situations call 9-911 from the pool phone.
- Participants that are out of hand – call security 4438 to help. DO NOT CALL SECURITY IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT YOURSELF.
- Must be an MWSU student.
- Must have American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, Professional CPR, First Aid.
- Must be able to assert authority to peers. faculty staff, and community members.
- Eligible for Work-study
- We will be hire for this position as need arises throughout the year.