The gym supervisor is responsible for overall supervision of the facility while he/she is on duty. The supervisor is responsible for upholding and enforcing all rules and regulations established by the Coordinator.
Primary duties include:
- Ensure that building is opened and closed at prescribed times.
- Check all facility users for proper and valid identification.
- See that all rules and regulations are being followed by participants and personnel.
- Be familiar with all necessary phone numbers related to emergency use.
- Fill out accident report forms completely and accurately for accident or injury.
- Be familiar with location of fire extinguishers and how to use them.
- Report any maintenance or security problems to Coordinator.
- Answer all questions, problems, and complaints as given by participants.
- Assist as needed with the Intramural program so as to facilitate its efficient operation.
- Attend all required staff meetings!
- Must be a current MWSU student.
- Ability to communicate ideas and procedure to people.
- Ability to assert authority to peers as well as faculty and staff members.
- Certification in basic First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Eligible for work-study
- We will hire for this position as need arises throughout the year.