The Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) is a part of the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessment (MEGA) battery of exams. The MoGEA is the qualifying exam for entrance into the Education program at Missouri Western and other Missouri universities.
Free Preparation Workshop:
For more information, visit our CAS Workshops page.
Registration and Fees:
The MoGEA total exam cost is $59. Register and pay the $59 fee by clicking on the MoGEA website button below.
- June 25, 2020 from 3 pm – 8 pm
- June 29, 2020 from 11 am – 4 pm
- Sept. 11, 2020 from 9 am – 3pm
- Sept. 18, 2020 from 3 pm – 8 pm
- Nov. 6, 2020 from 9 am – 3 pm
You should plan to be here at least 15 minutes prior to the test start time. Campus map
The four subject tests are:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation (1 hour & 15 min.)
- Writing: (1 hour)
- Mathematics (1 hour & 15 min.)
- Science and Social Studies (1 hour)
Examinees must pass all four subtests. Passing scores are listed below:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation: 202
- Writing: 193
- Mathematics: 180
- Science and Social Studies: 188
If you require accommodations (i.e., scribe, extended testing time, distraction-reduced environments, use of adaptive computer software), please contact the General Testing Center.
What to Bring:
- Government-issued photo ID (Student ID will NOT be accepted)
- Water (Clear bottle only)
- Sitting fee (exact change in cash or check or money order)
What NOT to Bring:
- Your cell phone. Cell phones are NOT allowed in testing rooms.
- Calculator. No calculators are permitted.
- Tobacco products
- Visitors, including children, other relatives or friends
- Weapons of any kind
- Any personal items that you bring to the test site must be stored in a designated secure area. This includes watches, wallets, and purses in addition to the following items:
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, scanning devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, pagers, computers, CDs, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Unauthorized calculators and calculator manuals
- Handwritten or printed materials such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such as backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or headwear, except for those being worn for religious or medical purposes
- Food and drink, including chewing gum, except for water in a clear bottle
- Unauthorized aids such as slide rulers, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices such as inhalers, Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained