The Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) is a part of the Missouri Educator Gateway Assessment (MEGA) battery of exams. The MoGEA is the qualifying exam for entrance into the Education program at Missouri Western and other Missouri universities.
Free Preparation Workshop:
For more information, visit our CAS Workshops page.
(Due to COVID, there are no scheduled workshops for this semester, but the CAS does have study materials that you can use. Contact them to get details.)
Registration and Fees:
The MoGEA total exam cost is $59. Register and pay the $59 fee by clicking on the MoGEA website button below.
- Jan. 11, 2021 from 10:30 -3:30
- Jan. 22, 2021 from 8:30 – 1:30
- Feb. 19, 2021 from 8:30 – 1:30
- Mar. 5, 2021 from 8:30 – 1:30
- Apr. 2, 2021 from 8:30 – 1:30
- Apr. 30, 2021 from 8:30 – 1:30
You should plan to be here at least 5 minutes prior to the test start time. Campus map
The four subject tests are:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation (1 hour & 15 min.)
- Writing: (1 hour)
- Mathematics (1 hour & 15 min.)
- Science and Social Studies (1 hour)
Examinees must pass all four subtests. Passing scores are listed below:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation: 202
- Writing: 193
- Mathematics: 180
- Science and Social Studies: 188
Accommodations or Alternative Testing Arrangements:
In order to be approved for alternative testing arrangements due to a medical, physical, or cognitive disability, examinees must do the following:
- Declare their intent to request alternative arrangements when registering and at least 3 weeks before their scheduled appointment for the exam.
- Complete and submit the Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form (available at www.mo.nesinc.com) along with the required documentation.
- Once an alternative arrangement has been approved, the person listed in the system as the primary contact (the exam proctor) will be notified of such accommodations via email. If an examinee is approved for extra time and would like to schedule an appointment at your test center, the proctor will be contacted to discuss the ability to accommodate this session length.
- Examinees can utilize the color contrast functionality and enlarge the font on their own. Prior approval for these accommodations is not required. The examinee can select from the dropdowns at the top of the screen during testing.
Copyright © 2019 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved. Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004The information contained in this document is confidential and proprietary to the Evaluation Systems group of Pearson. IBT Test Administration Manual
What to Bring:
- Government-issued photo ID (Student ID will NOT be accepted)
- Water (Clear bottle only)
What NOT to Bring:
- Your cell phone. Cell phones are NOT allowed in testing rooms.
- Calculator. No calculators are permitted.
- Tobacco products
- Visitors, including children, other relatives or friends
- Weapons of any kind
- Any personal items that you bring to the test site must be stored in a designated secure area. This includes watches, wallets, and purses in addition to the following items:
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, scanning devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, pagers, computers, CDs, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Unauthorized calculators and calculator manuals
- Handwritten or printed materials such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such as backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or headwear, except for those being worn for religious or medical purposes
- Food and drink, including chewing gum, except for water in a clear bottle
- Unauthorized aids such as slide rulers, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices such as inhalers, Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained
- MoGEA/MEGA Practice Sites
- Not Free