General Information: The ATI-TEAS is designed to evaluate the academic readiness of candidates prior to admission into the nursing or PTA program. Results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. This examination also assesses the candidate’s ability to respond and apply knowledge to new situations and to understand complex technical material and relationships. ATI TEAS consists of 4 sections of multiple-choice questions: Reading (64 minutes, 53 questions), Math (54 minutes, 36 questions and there is a pop-up calculator included), Science (63 minutes, 53 questions) and English (28 minutes, 28 questions). TOTAL: approximately 4 hours.
More information about the exams, exam day, and registration:
Preparation and Study Aids: Information about test preparation is available on the ATI website. The MWSU bookstore has preparation materials available for purchase.
Accommodations: If you require testing accommodations beyond the testing environment being handicapped accessible, please click on the following link for more information on how to request this. Accommodations must be requested at least 30 days prior to an exam date. TEAS Accommodations Information
Remote Proctored Exams: Remote Proctoring is available. Please click on the following link to get information about requirements that need to be met before scheduling a remote session. Remote requirements
Registration and Fees: $112.00 is to be paid at the time of registration on the ATI website. Register and pay by clicking on the ATI Website button at the bottom of this page.
Sept. 10, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
October 1, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
November 5, 2021 – 9:00 a.m.
January 7, 2022 – 9:00 a.m.
On Campus exams
October 15, 2021 – 8:30 a.m.
November 19, 2021 – 8:30 a.m.
December 10, 2021 – 8:30 a.m.
January 21, 2022 – 8:30 a.m.
- Visit the ATI website. Click on the button at the bottom of this page to go there.
- Log in or create a new user account. If you need to create an account, click “CREATE ACCOUNT” at the top of the page and fill in required information.
- After you log in, click on “Online Store” in the upper right corner.
- Select “Register for…..TEAS” in the upper left corner.
- Click on the button that says “REGISTER NOW” in the left middle of the page
- Select how you want to take the TEAS
- In person (on campus)
- Online (Remote Proctor at the location of your choice) PLEASE NOTE: If you choose this option, you need to check your computer and internet connection first to be sure it’s stable enough for the online exam. See remote requirements. Follow the directions for doing a “Dry Run” assessment.
- Use the drop-down menus to select your Program Type (Nursing or Allied Health), School Name, State and select school (Missouri Western State U)
- Click on the SEARCH button
- If you find a session you want, click on the “SELECT” button on the right. This will take you to the details page which will give you important information about the exam.
- Click on “CONTINUE REGISTRATION” to complete this and make your payment.
Registration Guides: If you need more information on how to register, use the links below:
Nursing- All students must score at ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient (58.7%) or above in order to be considered for admission. The highest score achieved will be used in the overall admission decision. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ATI TEAS results must be uploaded to Nursing CAS as part of the application process. Early Accept/Nurse Scholars are not required to take ATI TEAS.
Physical Therapist Assistant- The ATI TEAS score can be submitted in place of an ACT score as part of the application for admission. The results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. The ATI TEAS score is one consideration for admission into the PTA Program. It is recommended that students score at or above 58.7% (ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient) in order to be considered for admission. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ACT or ATI TEAS results must be provided as part of the application process.
*Note: If you are testing at an institution or testing center, a TEAS transcript will be included with your registration and automatically sent to that school. You cannot choose an alternate school for your submission of this transcript. If you are applying to more than one school or a different school than where you are testing, you will need to purchase an additional transcript for the alternate submission.
Additional transcripts may be purchased to send to alternate institutions. You may purchase these credits after your exam via your student account under TEAS Activity.
Other Information: Applicants who take ATI TEAS elsewhere are eligible for application. TEAS tests taken within the past 3 years from date of application will be valid. Potential applicants may take the TEAS test a total of 2 times per calendar year (January 1-December 31).
For complete information: Visit the MWSU Nursing website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/nursing/, or the Physical Therapy Assistant website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/pta/ or the MWSU General Testing Center website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/mwsu-testing-centers.