General Information: The ATI-TEAS is designed to evaluate the academic readiness of candidates prior to admission into the nursing or PTA program. Results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. This examination also assesses the candidate’s ability to respond and apply knowledge to new situations and to understand complex technical material and relationships. ATI TEAS consists of 4 sections of multiple-choice questions: Reading (64 minutes, 53 questions), Math (54 minutes, 36 questions and there is a pop-up calculator included), Science (63 minutes, 53 questions) and English (28 minutes, 28 questions). TOTAL: approximately 4 hours.
Preparation and Study Aids: Information about test preparation is available on the ATI website. The MWSU bookstore has preparation materials available for purchase.
Accommodations: If you require testing accommodations beyond the testing environment being handicapped accessible, please click on the following link for more information on how to request this. Accommodations must be requested at least 30 days prior to an exam date. TEAS Accommodations Information
Remote Proctored Exams: Remote Proctoring is available. Please click on the following link to get information about requirements that need to be met before scheduling a remote session. Remote requirements
Registration and Fees: $112.00 is to be paid at the time of registration on the ATI website. Register and pay by clicking on the ATI Website button at the bottom of this page.
May 14, 2021, Remote Proctor, 9am to 1pm
- June 4, 2021, Remote Proctor, 8:30am to 12:30pm
June 18, 2021, On-Campus, 9am to 1pm
- June 25, 2021, Remote Proctor, 8:30am to 12:30pm
- July 16, 2021, On-Campus, 9am to 1pm
- July 30, 2021, Remote Proctor, 8:30am to 12:30pm
- August 4, 2021, Remote Proctor, 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Visit the ATI website. Click on the button at the bottom of this page to go there.
- Log in or create a new user account. If you need to create an account, click “CREATE ACCOUNT” at the top of the page and fill in required information.
- MWSU is listed as MO Western State U BSN (for Nurses) or MO Western State U AH (for Allied Health or PTA students)
- After you log in, click on “Online Store” in the upper right corner.
- Select “Register for…..TEAS” in the upper left corner.
- Use the drop-down menus to select your Program Type (Nursing or Allied Health), Country, State and City.
- Select “Register” in the box with the correct date/location and continue to the payment screen.
- Complete directions on how to register, they may be found at https://student.atitesting.com/Content/PDFs/HowToRegisterforTEASAssessmentNewUI.pdf
Nursing: All students must score at ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient (58.7%) or above in order to be considered for admission. The highest score achieved will be used in the overall admission decision. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ATI TEAS results must be uploaded to Nursing CAS as part of the application process. Early Accept/Nurse Scholars are not required to take ATI TEAS.
Physical Therapist Assistant: The ATI TEAS score can be submitted in place of an ACT score as part of the application for admission. The results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. The ATI TEAS score is one consideration for admission into the PTA Program. It is recommended that students score at or above 58.7% (ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient) in order to be considered for admission. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ACT or ATI TEAS results must be provided as part of the application process.
Other Information: Applicants who take ATI TEAS elsewhere are eligible for application. TEAS tests taken within the past 3 years from date of application will be valid. Potential applicants may take the TEAS test a total of 2 times per calendar year (January 1-December 31).
For complete information: Visit the MWSU Nursing website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/nursing/, or the Physical Therapy website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/pta/ or the MWSU General Testing Center website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/mwsu-testing-centers.