General Information: The ATI-TEAS is designed to evaluate the academic readiness of candidates prior to admission into the nursing or PTA program. Results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. This examination also assesses the candidate’s ability to respond and apply knowledge to new situations and to understand complex technical material and relationships. ATI TEAS consists of 4 sections of multiple-choice questions: Reading (64 minutes, 53 questions), Math (54 minutes, 36 questions), Science (63 minutes, 53 questions) and English (28 minutes, 28 questions). TOTAL: approximately 4 hours.
Preparation and Study Aids:
Information about test preparation is available on the ATI website. The MWSU bookstore has preparation materials available for purchase. The MWSU Library has a download as well.
Registration and Fees:
$107.00 fee to be made in two separate payments.
ATI receives $77. Register and pay by clicking on the ATI Website button below.
MWSU receives a $30 sitting fee. Register and pay by clicking on the MWSU Registration button below.
Please bring your payment receipt(s) or voucher(s) for all payments made on the day of your exam.
- July 15, 2020 from 11 am – 3 pm
- July 16, 2020 from 4 pm – 8 pm
- July 22, 2020 from 11 am – 3 pm
- October 16, 2020 from 8 am – 12 pm and 12 pm – 4 pm
- December 4, 2020 from 8 am – 12 pm and 12 pm – 4 pm
- Visit the ATI website. Click on the button at the bottom of this page to go there.
- Log in or create a new user account. If you need to create an account, complete directions can be found at https://sitefinity.atitesting.com/docs/default-source/website-basics/student-website-support/studentshowtocreatenewaccountnewui.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- MWSU is listed as MO Western State U BSN (for Nurses) or MO Western State U AH (for Allied Health)
- After you log in, click on “Online Store” in the upper right corner.
- Select “Register for…..TEAS” in the upper left corner.
- Use the drop-down menus to select your Program Type (Nursing or Allied Health), Country, State and City.
- Select “Register” in the box with the correct date/location and continue to the payment screen.
- Complete directions on how to register, they may be found at https://student.atitesting.com/Content/PDFs/HowToRegisterforTEASAssessmentNewUI.pdf
Nursing: All students must score at ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient (58.7%) or above in order to be considered for admission. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ATI TEAS results must be uploaded to Nursing CAS as part of the application process. Early Accept/Nurse Scholars are not required to take ATI TEAS.
Physical Therapist Assistant: The ATI TEAS score can be submitted in place of an ACT score as part of the application for admission. The results also provide documentation useful for counseling and advisement. The ATI TEAS score is one consideration for admission into the PTA Program. It is recommended that students score at or above 58.7% (ATI Academic Preparedness Category of Proficient) in order to be considered for admission. Results are available through the student’s ATI account 48 hours after the exam has been taken. A copy of the ACT or ATI TEAS results must be provided as part of the application process.
Other Information: Applicants who take ATI TEAS elsewhere are eligible for application. TEAS tests taken within the past 3 years from date of application will be valid. Potential applicants may take the TEAS test a total of 2 times per calendar year (January 1-December 31).
For complete information: Visit the MWSU Nursing website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/nursing/, or the Physical Therapy website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/pta/ or the MWSU General Testing Center website at https://www.missouriwestern.edu/mwsu-testing-centers.