James Jeffers ’73

Dear Fellow Alumni,
Hello again! As president of the Alumni Association, I am proud to report that the Griffon spirit at this year’s Homecoming was alive and well!

Before I talk about Homecoming, I want to thank David Karleskint, Reyhan Wilkinson, Tona Williams and Mary Workman for their work on a successful event held at the beginning of the year, “Rally Round the Griffs.” This event helped us kick off the year and showcased the MWSU band and athletics.

We kicked off Homecoming week with the Forever Griffons Luncheon. We had a nice lunch, entertainment by our music students, heard from Dr. Vartabedian and had a fun tour of campus. Thank you to Linda Crabtree, Phyllis Myers and Jodi Deering for helping.

We held our Legacy Day again this year to give alumni a chance to donate to the MWSU Foundation and continue our Griffon legacy. We thank Chris ’78 and Dan ’78 Danford and the Danford Family Excellence Fund for their matching gift support and thank all who contributed.

Additional events included an alumni employee breakfast and Support a Griffon Business Day. The Alumni Awards Banquet went very well this year. Congratulations to the Alumni Award winners!

Saturday, we enjoyed the parade, where we tossed out a lot of candy. After the parade was Arts, Beats and Treats for families. Before the football game, I walked through the Greek tailgates and noticed their numbers were up and everyone was enjoying the day. The tailgate food was great and the weather was nice for the game.

Thanks to the board, volunteers, staff, students, and alumni who made the 2018 Homecoming one to remember. I personally enjoyed seeing many old friends this year.

Keep connecting! We would love to get your involvement or feedback in the Alumni Association. Please reach out to me at (816) 390-1605 or jimjeffers25@gmail.com.

With Griffon Pride,

James D. Jeffers ’73
President, Alumni Association