Dear Fellow Alumni,
It is a wonderful honor to serve as the Alumni Association president and I am excited

James Jeffers ’73

to work with alumni and the board. As one of the first graduating classes of Missouri Western, I have many fond memories. We have seen many changes for the better.
I am from St. Joseph and have lived and worked here my entire life. I worked at two fine St. Joseph companies, Quaker and Sealed Air, and also run a chauffeur service to KCI. My wife, Frances, and I have two daughters who have completed their master’s degrees. Melissa graduated from MWSU in Healthcare Leadership, and Katie is working on an internship in counseling at MWSU. As a hobby, I enjoy playing bagpipes with the Buchanan Highlanders.
I want to thank Natalie Redmond ’00 for a job well done as president last year.
There are many ways in which we can make our University an outstanding one. First you need to “come home to Missouri Western,” whether it be giving a gift or volunteering. It can also be your destination for a Chiefs camp visit, going to a play, a swim or library visit, many sporting events, or just to visit and walk this beautiful campus.
We look forward to the events we have planned. Please come join us for Homecoming Week activities Oct. 7-13. We have something for everyone.
We welcome any ideas or feedback that can make us better: jimjeffers25@gmail.com or (816) 390-1605. I look forward to working with you all in the coming year.

With Griffon Pride,

James D. Jeffers ’73
President of the Alumni Association

P.S. Last year we hosted our first Legacy Day, and with your help, we met our $10,000 goal. Join us again on Oct. 8-9 to help us achieve our new goal of $12,000 to provide opportunities to future generations of Griffons.