- All classes are free to MWSU benefit eligible employees and retirees on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One guest per employee may be permitted based on space available.
- Watch the Griffon Weekly, HR Wellness web page or Wellness emails for when and how to register.
Fitness Activities – will resume Fall 2017
- Pilates –
- Core & Tone –
- Yoga –
- Kickboxing –
- Aqua Fitness –
- Pool is not closed for our class; it’s scheduled during the university free swim period. Pool showers are available to you.
Employees must present MWSU ID to use the pool and your guest must have a photo ID.
MAY – AUGUST Challenge | Walking the Pony Express Trail (download challenge spreadsheet)
Join us as we collectively walk/run/jog as a team and travel the 1,840 miles from St Joseph to Sacramento, California. Back in 1860 they could ride the trail in 10 days. Can we make it in 4 months? Let’s do this!! Track your steps/miles and submit every Monday…LET’S MOVE THE GRIFFON!
- Grab a friend or co-worker for a stroll
- Track your steps (or miles) on your Garmin, smartphone, or track via the challenge spreadsheet
- Email your steps (or miles) to firstname.lastname@example.org every MONDAY
- Watch the Griffon travel across the map here
- Have some summer FUN!
- Steps/Miles do NOT have to be completed at work!
- END OF AUGUST…complete the challenge worksheet and submit to HR!
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
A Healthier YouTM
A Healthier YouTM supports healthy lifestyles for you and your family through our program. The program provides information and resources to keep you healthy, including a wellness portal, where you’ll complete your Health Risk Assessment and have access to tools and trackers designed to make healthy living easier. The A Healthier YouTM program promotes personal responsibility for managing health and making healthy lifestyle choices. Visit www.bluekc.com and click on A Healthier You to learn more about this benefit.
Webinars on Demand
Don’t have time in your schedule for a class? Check out Webinars on Demand and view options for 30-minute presentations available at your convenience. Webinars on Demand can be found on your personal portal under the tab Health Seminars. Webinar topics change every quarter.
Healthy Companion nurses can help you manage your asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), congestive heart failure, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), metabolic syndrome, stress, anxiety and depression. Through this program you will gain a better understanding of your health, your doctor’s care plan, and how best to manage your health. To learn more about the Healthy Companion Program call the phone number listed on the back of your Member ID Card (800-822-2583).
Health Risk Assessment
A Healthier You starts with a health screening, providing you with the information needed to complete the next step of the program, the online Health Risk Appraisal. The appraisal will ask you questions about your health and lifestyle and then give you a wellness score. With a wellness score in hand, you will easily be able to identify your healthy behaviors and areas where you may consider making changes. We have provided the results of previous year’s Health Risk Assessment below for you.
Why Wellness Power Point