- All classes are free to MWSU benefit eligible employees and retirees on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One guest per employee may be permitted based on space available.
- Watch the Griffon Weekly, HR Wellness web page or Wellness emails for updates.
Fitness Activities – Classes begin August 28, 2017
*Employees must present MWSU ID to use the pool and guests must have a photo ID*
NOVEMBER & DECEMBER CHALLENGE
Employee Wellness Challenge, Maintain Don’t Gain. The goal of the challenge is to find a way to add PHYSICAL ACTIVITY and HEALTHY HABITS to your day during the busy holiday season!
Most Americans will gain about 5 to 7 pounds of body weight from Thanksgiving to the New Years and don’t exercise enough to avoid those holiday pounds. We challenge you to keep those pounds off and get moving!
CHALLENGE STARTS November 13 and runs through December 31
- PARTICIPATE in healthy activities/habits during the holiday season to help maintain your weight. Try to get 30+ minutes of activity each day.
- PRINT the attached calendars and write in the physical activity/healthy habit you have completed for each day during the challenge.
- RETURN your completed calendars to Human Resources no later than January 10th to be entered into a prize drawing.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
A Healthier YouTM
A Healthier YouTM supports healthy lifestyles for you and your family through our program. The program provides information and resources to keep you healthy, including a wellness portal, where you’ll complete your Health Risk Assessment and have access to tools and trackers designed to make healthy living easier. The A Healthier YouTM program promotes personal responsibility for managing health and making healthy lifestyle choices. Visit www.bluekc.com and click on A Healthier You to learn more about this benefit.
Webinars on Demand
Don’t have time in your schedule for a class? Check out Webinars on Demand and view options for 30-minute presentations available at your convenience. Webinars on Demand can be found on your personal portal under the tab Health Seminars. Webinar topics change every quarter.
Healthy Companion nurses can help you manage your asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), congestive heart failure, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), metabolic syndrome, stress, anxiety and depression. Through this program you will gain a better understanding of your health, your doctor’s care plan, and how best to manage your health. To learn more about the Healthy Companion Program call the phone number listed on the back of your Member ID Card (800-822-2583).
Health Risk Assessment
A Healthier You starts with a health screening, providing you with the information needed to complete the next step of the program, the online Health Risk Appraisal. The appraisal will ask you questions about your health and lifestyle and then give you a wellness score. With a wellness score in hand, you will easily be able to identify your healthy behaviors and areas where you may consider making changes. We have provided the results of previous year’s Health Risk Assessment below for you.
Why Wellness Power Point