This 12-week challenge will begin June 4, 2018. Your goal is to get a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity, four or more times per week (approx. 4,000 steps per day/four or more times per week) from June 4 to August 24.
You will be awarded prizes based on the number of consecutive weeks you participate over the 12-week period. All employees earning a GOLD status for 12 consecutive weeks of participation during the challenge, will also be entered into a grand prize drawing!
Check out the attached flyer for more details. You will also find tracking logs attached to track your weekly minutes of activity (or steps). Tracking logs must be submitted to be eligible for prizes!
Contact Nicki Robertson (x4259 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Summer Classes Start June 4 – 28, 2018
(continuation of Summer Classes into July and August will be determined at the end of June and based on participation)
*Tuesday: Aqua Fitness @ 12:15pm (30 min class) – Looney Pool
*Tuesday: Circuit Training @ 5:15pm (45 min class) – Looney 114
*Wednesday: Core & Tone @ 5:15pm (45 min class) – Looney 114
*Thursday: Pound @ 5:15pm (45 min class) – Looney 114
*Employees must present MWSU ID to use the pool and guests must have a photo ID*
- All classes are free to MWSU benefit eligible employees and retirees on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One guest per employee may be permitted based on space available.
- Watch the Griffon Weekly, HR Wellness web page or Wellness emails for updates.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD
A Healthier YouTM
Welcome to A Healthier YouTM powered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC)! Through our A Healthier You program, we offer innovative tools and personalized resources to help members achieve better health, manage their chronic conditions, and get and stay well.
Our program is focused around Care Plans which are personalized for each individual based on their individual health conditions and goals.
Log in to your A Healthier YouTM Portal, view personalized Care Plans and earn points:
- Visit MyBlueKC.com or download the Blue KC A Healthier You app.
- Use Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- To download the App, search for “Blue KC A Healthier You” in your app store.
- All users of the app will need to register in the app.
2. Enter your username and password, and click LOG IN. If you are a first time visitor, click REGISTER NOW. Be sure to have your member ID card available to reference.
3. Once logged in, click on A Healthier You from the “Home” page.
4. First time visitors will be prompted to complete the registration questions to help personalize the AHY portal.
Did you know, A Healthier You has an App?
With the Blue KC A Healthier You app, you can register for onsite screenings, take your Health Risk Assessment and earn points.
It’s simple, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and search for the Blue KC A Healthier You app by HealthMine Services, Inc.
- Install and open the app.
- All members new to the app must register a new user name and password for the app:
- Under “Register Now,” enter the information exactly as it appears on your Blue KC member ID card (fields are case sensitive).
Review the Terms and Conditions and click “Accept” to be taken to the next screen.
Connect Your Fitness Device to Your Wellness Program!
Connecting a fitness device to your A Healthier You™ portal will allow you to track your health and start earning points and rewards. Follow these steps and start tracking your health today.
- Go to MyBlueKC.com (use Google Chrome) or download the Blue KC A Healthier You app.
- Enter your username and password, and click LOG IN. If you are a first time visitor, click REGISTER NOW. Be sure to have your member ID card available to reference.
- Click on A Healthier You from the “Home” page.
- View your personalized Care Plan(s).
- Create your Care Plan Goals in order to receive points for your steps
- Click “Configure Now” to connect device or app to track activity.
- Add your device or app.
- Start earning points!
Now you are on your way to better health and earning points that can be used to enter sweepstakes!
Health Risk Assessment
A Healthier You™ starts with completing the a health risk assessment which provides a snapshot of your current health status. It’s a simple process and provides more personalization on the member website.