Admittance & Assessment Requirements for Educators
Admittance to the MWSU Teacher Education Department
- Missouri General Education Assessment (MOGEA) passing scores in all 5 sub-tests.
- English 203
- Writing 193
- Math 183
- Science 183
- Social Science 183
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or greater maintained through graduation and GPA of 3.0 in Content Area and Teacher Education.
- Composite ACT or SAT score on file.
- Completion of EDU 202 Introduction to Education and EDU 203 Experience in Teaching I with a “C” or higher.
- Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) turned into advisor , who helps you develop an improvement plan, and copy in Education Department.
- Pre-major and/or major declaration form and concentration form on file.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments- Assessment requirements for certification by the state of Missouri.
- Missouri General Education Assessment (MOGEA) demonstrates general education competencies prior to Admission to an Education Program.
- Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) provides the student and their advisor with an assessment of work style compared to a successful teacher prior to Admission to an Education Department.
- Missouri Content Area Assessment (MOCAA) demonstrates the specific level of knowledge in the chosen content area. This is taken prior to student teaching.
- Missouri Pre-Service Teacher Assessment (MOPTA) is a task oriented assessment. It is a 4 task performance assessment completed during student teaching.