Admittance to the Missouri Western Teacher Education Department
- Missouri General Education Assessment (MOGEA) passing scores in all 5 sub-tests. (Requirement suspended if the teacher candidate currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree.)
Reading 202 Writing 193 Math 180 Science/Social Studies 188
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or greater maintained through graduation and GPA of 3.0 in Content Area and Teacher Education.
- Composite ACT or SAT score on file. (Requirement suspended if the teacher candidate currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree.)
- Completion of EDU 202 Introduction to Education and EDU 203 Experience in Teaching I with a “C” or higher.
- Pre-major and/or major declaration form on file for Elementary and Early Childhood majors.
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments– Assessment requirements for certification by the state of Missouri.
- Missouri General Education Assessment (MOGEA) demonstrates general education competencies prior to Admission to an Education Program.
- Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) provides the student and their advisor with an assessment of work style compared to a successful teacher prior to Admission to an Education Department.
- Missouri Content Area Assessment (MOCA) demonstrates the specific level of knowledge in the chosen content area. This is taken prior to student teaching.
Further information on Assessments can be located on the MWSU Testing Center website.