Finance majors gain a broad base of knowledge, with a thorough understanding of financial theory as well as practical implementation. Students learn how financial markets operate and how to make effective investment and financial decisions for firms and individuals. Finance majors develop analytical skills and problem-solving abilities that equip them for exciting careers. Possible careers include: Financial Analyst, Risk Analyst, Financial Manager, Chief Financial Officer, Personal Financial Advisor.
Credit for additional BSBA requirements must be earned from the Steven L. Craig School of Business.
NOTE: All upper-division Business courses required for the BSBA must be taken from the Steven L. Craig School of Business, from an AACSB accredited university or from a school with an approved articulation agreement.
Program Graduation Requirements
- No more than 6 credit hours of D permitted in major coursework
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 2.0 and a major GPA or at least 2.0.
University Graduation Requirements
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours (100 level and higher, maximum of 6 CED credit hours applicable).
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours in upper-division courses. Lower-division transfer courses accepted as meeting upper-division departmental course requirements cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Earn 30 of the last 45 credit hours at MWSU in institutional coursework (exclusive of credit by examination).
- Participate in required departmental and campus wide assessments.
- Fulfill the Missouri Constitution requirement.
- Successfully pass the Missouri Higher Education Civics Achievement exam.