Michelle Scott ’19 and Andrea Hall ’19
“I’ve always dreamed of owning my own business and today this dream has come true.”
Katie ’16 and Geovanny ’16 Parra
“The applied business ownership course took all of our theory and textbook-based classes and helped us to apply them toward real life business ownership.”
Allie ’11 & Matt ’08 & Cooper Canaday
“I am very thankful to Steven Craig and the CSB faculty and staff for their dedication to such a great program. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity doesn’t come along every day! I couldn’t be happier with my decision to be a part of it!”
Nathan Nold ’18
“The applied learning course urged me to step out of my comfort zone and immerse myself in a rare opportunity. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome!”
- MWSU seniors with a business or entrepreneurship major or minor
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- MWSU alumni with a business or entrepreneurship major or minor or significant business experience
- Candidates enroll in the Applied Business Ownership class, MGT 417, offered every spring at MWSU, and write a business plan for a company.
- Candidates present their business plans in a preliminary competition held toward the end of the semester. A panel of judges identifies the finalists who can revise their plans before presenting them in the final competition.
- By the end of the semester, franchise opportunities to be awarded are identified.
- Winners attend franchise training
- Financial documents with the lender are signed, as are documents with the Craig School of Business and MWSU
- Owners open their stores!!
- CSB provides continued support for store owners
Center for Franchise Development