INTRAMURAL ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Injuries and Insurance: Students, faculty and staff are reminded that their participation in intramural sports and free-time recreation activities is completely voluntary and the intramural/Free-time Recreation staff assumes no liability or responsibility during participation. It is strongly recommended that all participants have a satisfactory health status and appropriate personal accident insurance coverage for any injury which might occur during participation in these activities. Insurance is available for students through the Dean of Student Affairs Office.
- In the event of an injury, the injured player is required to sit out one play and then re-enter the game at the referee’s discretion. In the event of a serious injury, the player is required to sit out the rest of the game.
- A student must be currently enrolled for at least one hour of credit at Missouri Western State University to be eligible for intramural participation. A faculty or staff member is eligible as long as they are officially recognized by the college as faculty or staff.
- Any person who has been red-shirted or a member of a freshman, junior varsity or varsity athletic team in the fall or spring at any college or university is ineligible to participate in that specific intramural activity or related activity. They may not participate in the activities listed above until one year following their last collegiate play attempt. Only ONE former varsity athlete is allowed on any one intramural team. If the team has a former athlete on it, the team must play in the upper division if there is one. For further clarification contact the Intramural Office. An individual is considered to be a member of a varsity squad if he practices with the team, his name appears on a roster for a regular season game or if he plays spring ball.
- A player may not transfer from one team to another during a particular activity once they have played in the first game. At the start of a new activity, he/she is then able to transfer to a new team. If the participants name appears on two rosters, the individual must commit themselves to one of the teams before they play.
- A player ejected from a game may not play again in that activity and he/she may not be substituted for in the game they were ejected. If a player is ejected from two contests throughout the year, he/she may not participate in Intramurals again.
- Additional names may be added to the roster as an activity progresses, provided the names are added to the roster 24 hours before the player participates in their first game. All additions to rosters must be done before the start of the second game. This rule may only be appealed if a team loses a player to an injury. The injured persons name will come off the roster and a player can be added. The intramural director has the right to add individuals to a team of her choice incase a single individual does not have a team but wants to play.
- Team names must be clean, unobtrusive, inoffensive and unbiased names. If a team is turned in with an unsuitable name they will be pulled from play.