Students of Missouri Western State University may change their preferred first name or their legal name (first, middle, last) in the university’s student records system during their attendance at Missouri Western.

PREFERRED FIRST NAME will be included on or within the following: LEGAL NAME will be included on or within the following:
Alumni and Foundation database Directory Information disclosures
Athletic rosters and website Enrollment and Degree verifications
Canvas Federal and State agency report
Diplomas and graduation lists Financial Aid records
Gmail display name International I-20’s
Goldlink account name Official NCAA documents
Goldlink student information and unofficial transcripts Official transcripts
Griffon GPS (degree audit system) Paychecks, timecards and other payroll information
Online student directory SEVIS (Immigration status reporting)
Residence Life system Student accounts
Student conduct system Student ID card
Student Life and Leadership system(s)
University communications and publications
Unofficial transcripts through Goldlink

Click on the link below to access the form required to make a change to your preferred first name or your legal name. Requests can be submitted to the Registrar’s Office in person, by mail or by Missouri Western email. A student signature is required.

Valid documentation must also be included with a legal name change request. Valid documentation includes:

  • Current, government-issued ID card such as driver’s license, military ID, passport
  • Current, valid Social Security card
  • Certified copy of a court order, a marriage certificate, or a dissolution decree reflecting the new name in full
Name Change Request Form