Doctorate in Physical Therapy | Rockhurst University
Criteria for preferential admission
- Complete a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Physical Education with a Concentration in Health & Exercise Science from Missouri Western State University prior to the desired summer of admission.
- Earn a 3.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all pre-requisite and all science pre-requisite courses as needed for admission into Rockhurst University physical therapy program. Please note – MWSU BIO 250 – Anatomy & Physiology (5 credits) along with PED 304 – Physiology of Exercise (3 credits) will satisfy Rockhurst’s Doctor of Physical Therapy anatomy and physiology requirements.
- Notify the Rockhurst University Department of Physical Therapy Education of plans to apply to the program no later than October 1st of the year preceding the desired summer of admission.
- Submit a completed application to PTCAS no later than October 1st of the year preceding the desired summer of admission.
- Receive three favorable letters of recommendation as part of the PTCAS application.
- Earn a minimum of 155 on both the verbal and quantitative sections and a minimum of 4.5 on the analytical writing section on the GRE.
- Submit GRE scores to PTCAS as well as send a copy to the Rockhurst University Graduate Admissions Office.
- Complete all prerequisites and have grades submitted to PTCAS no later than December 25 of the year preceding the desired summer of admission to allow adequate time for PTCAS to verify transcripts.
- Successfully complete a personal interview.
Applicants who meet the requirements listed above will be reviewed by Rockhurst University’s Department of Physical Therapy Admissions Committee. A maximum number of 2 students will be automatically accepted into the program. Those students who do not meet the requirements listed above will be reviewed under the standard admissions process.