Master’s of Occupational Therapy | Rockhurst University
Criteria for preferential admission
- Semester grade point average of at least a 3.5 and cumulative grade point average from all coursework of at least 3.5
- Cumulative science grade point average from all coursework of at least 3.5 Please Note – MWSU BIO 250 – Anatomy and Physiology (5 credits) along with PED 304 – Physiology of Exercise (3 credits) will satisfy Rockhurst’s Masters of Occupational Therapy Anatomy & Physiology requirements.
- Completed Occupational Therapy Application for Admission through OTCAS, before Sept. 1st of their Senior year
- Interview before beginning the MOT program
- Achieve a 3.5 grade point average each semester and maintain a 3.5 science and cumulative GPA through the end of their senior year
Applicants who meet the requirements listed above will be reviewed by the Rockhurst University occupational therapy admissions committee. A maximum of (2) two students from the physical education health & exercise science program at Missouri Western State University who meet the criteria set forth above will be automatically accepted into the OT program at Rockhurst University those students who do not meet the requirements listed above, or have met the requirements, but are not chosen among the two (2) allotted slots, will be reviewed under the standard admissions process established by Rockhurst University. Students will begin the occupational therapy program upon completion of their bachelor’s degree. Fulfilling the above requirements is required for being considered as a candidate for the MOT Program at Rockhurst University. In addition, the student must demonstrate professional behaviors when interacting with faculty, staff, students, clients, and patients. These behaviors are important for success in the graduate program and reflect the capacity to deliver high standard of health service. We consider these behaviors to be as important as traditional academic standards in determining criteria for matriculation.