Short-term and recurring opportunities available.
At Missouri Western, service and the development of critical skills are central to our core mission.
MWSU is proud to be an applied learning institution and gives students the opportunity to gain experience outside of the classroom in a variety of ways, including service to the community.
The Center for Service seeks to provide opportunities to learn and serve by connecting students to real world service within the community.
Students can choose between two different service paths:
- Be inspired! 15 Unexpected Benefits of Volunteering That Will Inspire You
- Opportunities on and off campus to interact with the community virtually or in person
- Learn to work with other volunteers in a team-based environment
- Employers are 82% more likely to choose a candidate with volunteering experience1
- Many organizations within the community rely on volunteers to make their programs function to their full potential
Service for Credit
- Students can earn up to three college credits toward their degree for FREE by serving in the community
- Earn one credit for every 40 hours of community service
- Credit is awarded following completion of orientation, approval of service, service, verification of hours, reflective activity and end of project meeting
1 Deloitte, 2016, ‘Deloitte Impact Survey; Building Leadership Skills Through Volunteerism’, accessed 11 February 2021.
Want to learn more about or visit the University, but you’re not sure where to begin?
Visitors and students alike are invited to start at the Center for Service.
Our friendly and knowledgable staff will point you in the right direction!
Please call (816) 271-4100 or
stop by Eder Hall 202.