Since the commencement of my tenure as President at Missouri Western State University in July 2019, I have been grateful to our students, employees, alumni, community members and supporters for helping write Missouri Western’s next chapter. Together, we have embarked on an exceptional journey that has made us even more distinctive. In fact, I hope that you will explore the following new initiatives:
- Griffon Guarantee Scholarship – automatic yearly upgrades and guaranteed renewal at a 2.0 gpa.
- Center for Service – obtain service learning credits at no cost that apply towards your degree.
- Gold Fridays – four day week to enable work, internships, service, special events, extracurricular activities as well as engagement with faculty and staff on Fridays.
- A+ Award for Service – awards service learning credit for A+ program students.
We are also excited to attract students, build community, and prepare out students through various new global initiatives and technology offerings related to esports. Student athletes will also benefit from the addition of women’s lacrosse in the 2020-21 academic year.
Our primary mission is to ensure our students receive the best experience possible to springboard them to a successful future. Please know that we are going to work harder than ever to accomplish that goal. With innovative degree programs, partnerships and outreach, we are committed to provide opportunities that are one-of-a-kind for our students, employees and region.
Personally, I am extremely excited about the opportunity to work together to make Missouri Western the best it can be. To accomplish that, I welcome your feedback and suggestions any time. My email is email@example.com. Please feel free to connect.
Together, we can succeed.
Matthew J. Wilson
Innovative and Distinctive Initiatives
The core of our mission at Missouri Western is student success, so we are working hard to roll out several new initiatives that will benefit students. These innovative programs will provide creative opportunities for students to “go and do” and put learning into action.
Making Progress, Finding Solutions
You talked, we listened. Thank you for providing feedback on how we can make Missouri Western even better. We have already started implementing some immediate solutions, including:
- Added residence hall amenities
- Campus beautification
- Expanded transfer credit acceptance
- Greener Campus
- More community engagement
- New band uniforms – coming soon!
- More collaborative/study spaces on campus
If you have more ideas or feedback to share, please let us know.
“I am humbled by the opportunity to lead Missouri Western during this exciting time in its history, and I want to thank everyone for their commitment to the University. The love and loyalty that you have for this important institution is evident.”