The local bus provides a very safe, convenient and economical transportation option of any destination within St. Joseph. Even during extreme weathers, you can rely on bus system can take students to school, shopping and hospitals. The bus is available regularly every hour, Monday-Friday. However, service on Saturday is available every 2 hours, and there is no service on Sunday.
Read the Rider Guide online, also view and familiarize yourself with the different bus routes, and time schedules online:
For MWSU routes please check the link: http://www.stjoemo.info/DocumentCenter/View/223
Example of how to go from MWSU campus to the Shoppes at North Village:
· Take bus 15 in front of Poppellwell Hall, depart at 0:55 after the hour, example: 10:55am
· Get off at Hy-Vee grocery store, arrive at 0:05 after the hour, example: 11:05am
· Enjoy 30 minutes coffee, or early lunch at Hy-Vee grocery store!
· Take bus 14 in front of Hy-Vee, depart at 0:40 after the hour, example: 11:40am
· Get off at North Wal-Mart, arrive at 0:05 after the hour, example: 12:05pm
· Take bus 11 in front of North Wal-Mart, depart at 0:05 after the hour, example: 12:05am
· Get off at Best Buy or Kohl/Cinema, arrive around 0:08 or 0:10 after the hour, example: 12:08pm or 12:10pm
· Alternatively, you may walk 10-15 minutes north towards Best Buy and Regal cinema
The cost is about $8/one-way, plus tips; Tips are normal and expected, usually 15-20 percent of the fare. Taxi is quite affordable when you share the cost with 2-4 friends, but it is not free or discounted with student ID. Cab fare is non-negotiable in America.
Students may call any of the following telephone numbers to make a reservation.
All-American: (816) 233-3333
Reliable: (816) 901-9510
Joe Cab: (816) 396-8828
CMN: (816) 749-4322
Continuing students may arrange with one of the airport shuttle companies for transportation to the airport at the end of the semester, during holidays, and/or during school break.