Congratulations and Welcome!
(1) Tell us if you are coming to MWSU
(2) Request Airport Pick-up, Monday-Tuesday
On behalf of President Robert Vartabedian, and Vice President Shana Meyer, the Office of ISS welcomes you to Missouri Western. We are delighted of the opportunity to include you in our university community. These Admitted Student section is intended as a guide in your journey to the United States. The staffs and professors look forward to meet you in January 2017!
What to bring from home
Bring what you can comfortable carry. The recommended items are:
- Some cash around $500 and/or credit card or bank card to get you through the first few days. For your safety during travel, we do not recommend bringing large amount of cash.
- Clothing appropriate for the season. In August, student need clothes for hot, humid weather. However, January winter month require winter coat, gloves, neck scarf, winter hat, and shoes. Find out the the current temperature in St Joseph, Missouri, USA (choose Celsius or Fahrenheit appropriately.)
- Toiletries: travel size shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
- Food: some snacks to have on hand during your flight and until you can go to the dining hall or market.
- Alarm clock
Also, the following bulky but necessary items may easily be purchased in the city of Saint Joseph. For example:
- Bedding (pillow, blanket, bedsheets, etc.), and towels.
- Laundry basket, and soap/detergent to wash clothes.
- Clothes: pants, jeans, t-shirt, underclothes, sweater, winter coat, etc.
- Toiletries: regular size shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste.
- Office or school supplies: pens, paper, notebook, etc.
- Computer, laptop, radio, cell/mobile phone, and other electronics.
- Dishes/cooking utensils, bed, and furniture (for those living off-campus)
Last edited on November 29, 2016.