Do you enjoy teaching or training others?
Are you interested in working in the field of early childhood, elementary or secondary education?
Do you have a passion for helping young people learn and develop their skills and talents?
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of students and in our society?
Students with an interest in education are prepared for teacher certification in early childhood, elementary, or secondary education. Beginning in your sophomore year, you will have an opportunity to work with children in early childhood centers and K-12 schools to apply what you are learning in the classroom. Elementary and early childhood education students major in education. Students interested in teaching at the high school level select from a number of majors in science, math, English, art, music, speech/theatre, physical education, and history and also complete the teacher certification concentration.
Missouri Western majors that are related to this focus area include:
- B.S.E. Early Childhood Education/Special Education Concentration
- B.S.E. Elementary Education
- Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Early Childhood/Special Education Concentration
- English Language Learning Concentration
- Special Reading Concentration
- General Concentration
- B.S.E. Special Education (Teaching Mild/Moderate disabled Cross Categorical Disabilities K-12)
- B.S.E. Secondary: Business
- B.S.E. Secondary: Social Studies
- B.M.E. Music/Instrumental Concentration
- B.M.E. Music/Vocal Concentration
Education Sample Plan
Please visit the Major/Minor Forms and Sample Programs website for more detailed information about each major!